Assist the Store Manager in the following functions as needed:
- Recruit, interview and select employees.
- Supervise, direct, set goals and delegate tasks using independent judgment.
- Arrange for ongoing training and communication with all employees working within your area.
- Cultivate growth through the development of high potential employees.
- Evaluate, coach, reward, recognize employees and celebrate successes.
- Handle conflict and counsel employees that require disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Oversee total store operations including payroll processes, sales, contribution, diversity, development, and retention.
- Achieve all Company operations and sales goals/objectives (e.g., contribution, budget, gross profit, productivity, merchandising/signage, price checks/changes, promotions/contests, etc.), as well as monitor weekly sales and labor projections.
- Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
- Monitor and report on competitive activity.
- Represent the Company to respective government officials, agencies, and media.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ability to operate equipment in location while following best practices.
- Accurately scan/ring all items.
- Stocking and cleaning interior and exterior of the building.
- Accurately handle and secure all monies, funds and other media assigned.
- Adhere to all Company policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Adhere to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
- Ability to develop into a Store Manager strongly preferred.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of ExcellenceÔthrough Big Y’s Firm FoundationsÔ(Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
- Ability to develop, motivate, and influence others through training, mentoring, coaching and team-building.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrates financial acumen.
- Must project a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must consent to and pass a drug screen and background investigation at time of hire or transfer.
Posting ID: 567660748Posted: 2020-08-11