- Supervise, direct, set goals and delegate tasks using independent judgment.
- Arrange for ongoing training and communication with all employees working within your area.
- Operate a cash register and accurately complete transactions.
- Maintain daily logs and status reports.
- Ability to operate equipment in location while following established best practices.
- Process customer transactions.
- Resolve complaints following established procedures, seeking management support when necessary.
- Accurately scan/ring all items.
- Handle tenders following company policies.
- Achieve all Company operations and sales goals/objectives (e.g., contribution, budget, gross profit, productivity, merchandising/signage, price checks/changes, promotions/contests, etc.),
- Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
- Adhere to all Company policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Adhere to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
- Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
- Stocking and cleaning interior and exterior of the building.
- Accurately handle and secure all monies, funds and other media assigned.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of ExcellenceÔ through Big Y’s Firm FoundationsÔ (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
- Must project a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must consent to and pass a drug screen and background investigation at time of hire.
Posting ID: 567660746Posted: 2020-08-11