Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
• Effectively schedule ocean and/or air bookings for both hazardous and nonhazardous materials, simple and complex cargo shipments
• Ensure the complete and timely delivery of freight by attaining knowledge from clients in order to satisfy their needs and completing paperwork that meets stringent requirements
• Process data through the Company’s system and obtain releases as well as other government agency releases as appropriate
• Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility
• Be able to request, then negotiate, freight quotations to include details such as container capacities, packing dimensions and weights, coding, etc.
• In addition to basic math, be able to analyze numerical data, understand components and relationships, find patterns and draw conclusions
• Compose complex letters regarding issues and resolutions utilizing your ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports and organize, prepare and assemble documents
• Comprehend the full range of freight forwarding services: order management, movement scheduling, customs brokerage, monitor and control services, cost optimization, etc.
• Other duties related to the position / employment
• Freight Forwarding experience preferred
• Prior use of CargoWise One a plus
• Three years of experience in a role involving extensive client contact required
• Computer skills, including frequent prior use of MS Office products (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, etc.)
• Excellent math skills, along with the ability to calculate freight measurements, weight and convert to international units when necessary
• Familiarity with domestic and international geography including countries and major cities
• Extreme attention to detail, including the ability to predict and circumvent issues before they occur and taking the proper corrective action
• Ability to be highly productive while keeping cool under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]