Technical Writer II
Kelly Government Solutions is currently seeking Technical Writer II to support a top Defense Contractor on long-term contract opportunity. If you, or someone you know, maybe interested please apply online or send your resume to Bruce Vongsalack @ email@example.com
- Temporarily REMOTE work (working from home); However, selected candidate should be able to work out of Defense Contractor location once restrictions are lifted.
- Assist in developing a knowledge base for IT Security controls.
- Work with multiple teams including compliance, cyber security, and information technology system owners.
- ServiceNow Knowledge Base s functionality will be used for this project.
- Develop Knowledge Base content based on input from multiple stakeholders.
- Utilize ServiceNow s Knowledge Base WYSWYG What you See is What you Get editor.
- Develop Knowledge Base of IT security controls in a wiki style format.
- Structure the Knowledge Base according to existing policy documentation Embedded links, pictures, and other rich text format objects.
- Ensure formatting is readable.
- Develop Knowledge Base templates.
- Transfer content from multiple Microsoft Office, Excel, and other file formats into the Knowledge Base.
- Attend meetings and gather input from multiple teams to develop Knowledge Base.
- Work under the direction of a Project Manager.
- Develop, write, and edit material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction manuals, catalogs and other technical publications concerned with engineering or related technical disciplines.
- Drafts and updates policy process, procedure, work-instruction, knowledge-base article, and other documents working under the direction of the appropriate subject matter experts.
- Ensures documents are updated as necessary and kept current.
- Drafts and maintains knowledge base articles within the knowledge base article database.
- Maintains and manages team documentation SharePoint sites.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and details.
- Observes material processing to determine material and material processing specifications or specifications for manufacturing and operation of equipment.
- Organizes material and performs writing assignments according to specifications regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Reviews published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, or charts to illustrate materials or sequences.
- Edits material for spelling, grammar, syntax, capitalization, consistency, format, and conformance to specifications.
- Ensures document format, performance, physical characteristics, and testing requirements meet contract specifications.
- May prepare breakout sketches of designed assemblies and subassemblies for input to graphic designers or illustrators.
- Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Arranges and coordinates graphics, typing, duplication and distribution of prepared material.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works under general supervision.
- Contacts primarily internal to company or customer work site.
- Progress and compliance will be measured by accuracy and timeliness of completed tasks such as policy, process, procedure, work instruction documents, and SharePoint webpages.
- Excellent writing skills required including spelling, grammar, punctuation rules, sentence structure and style conventions for published materials.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow a plus.
- Experience with Information Security controls and standards a plus, e.g. NIST 800-171, 800-53, DFARS, CMMC.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required with a proven track record of producing professional, clear and concise documentation ensuring accuracy and usability.
- Ability to work across teams collaboratively.
- Knowledge of applications required include: MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and HTML.
- Experiences: 8+ Years with High School Diploma/Equivalent or 5+ Years with Associates Arts Degree or 2+ Years with Bachelor of Science Degree or 0+ Years with a Master’s Degree
- College or High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screening
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Posting ID: 607433178Posted: 2021-03-02