ISC Structures is searching for a mechanic.
Under limited supervision performs work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and construction equipment; performs related work as assigned.
- Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs vehicles and construction equipment.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and construction equipment.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of:
- Methods, materials, tools and techniques used in vehicle and construction equipment repair and maintenance.
- Diagnosing mechanical problems and performing repairs.
- Safety practices and procedures.
- Mechanical design and fabrication.
- Electrical systems, including computerized induction/ignition systems.
- Use of power and hand tools.
- Use of diagnostic equipment.
- Acetylene and electric arc welding.
- Operation of vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Diagnose problems and make repairs in the field on a 24-hour basis.
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
- Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers' service specifications.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Five years of experience and/or training in vehicle/construction equipment repair and maintenance shop or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Computer skills a plus.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 562800262Posted: 2020-10-19