Section Head Quality Control - 1st Shift
700 Lakeside Pkwy, Flower Mound, TX
The QC Section Head is responsible for coordinating the overall production process for their assigned section as well as monitoring job and process flow and production output for the line. This position requires individuals who are strong communicators that can motivate a team to achieve certain targets. They also should possess excellent time management and problem-solving skills. Specifically, the responsibilities of this position include:
- Support Supervision with Quality operations.
- Identify process and product deficiencies, research improvements and institute corrective actions
- Perform Qualification tests on work benches
- Prepare quality control reports including data analysis
- Set-up and participate in QAT's and meetings
- Monitor the Quality Information Systems (QIS)
- Support Quality by making sure the customer requirements are met for the products by assuring stable processes are followed according to documented quality standards.
- Perform OBA Audits, Grading Audits, Carton QC & Pallet QC
- Use the OLP System or Spreadsheets to enter QC & OBA data as needed
- Monitor department Key Performance Indicators
- Monitor QC & OBA Inspector's workload & productivity (UPH) using Tableau Reports if available
- Monitor QC & OBA WIP and daily dynamic Targets to request the necessary resources
- Prepare Pass Down reports at the end of the shift to be used by the next shift
- Train new QC & OBA Inspectors as needed
- Perform 5S Audits
- Perform Golden Rules Audits
- Perform Process Control Audits
- Perform Safety Audits
- Lead daily meetings with the QC & OBA Inspectors to deploy Quality Alerts, Safety Alerts, Safety Topics & Priorities
- Keep the QC & OBA benches and Quality Area well organized and clean during the whole shift
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to inspect units looking for very small cosmetic defects without using magnifiers (good vision)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate understanding of motivational techniques, interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Understanding of progressive discipline and escalation path if necessary
- Proven proactive problem-solving ability
- Possesses excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population, including all levels of management
- Ability to use MS Office and possess advanced Excel skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge of basic electronics and quality assurance practices.
- Working knowledge of ISO and TL standards
- QMS experience in a distribution environment a plus
Posting ID: 566868945Posted: 2020-08-09