Title: Account Executive
Location: Virginia I-81 Corridor
Salary: Base + Commission
Start Date: Negotiable
The Account Executive will report to the Sales Manager and will be responsible for servicing an existing sales portfolio while strategically growing the territory. Plan an effective sales targeting approach in the assigned territory to increase sales. Prospect, cold-call and regularly follow up on inbound leads and sales inquiries of new and existing business. Cater to new and emerging market opportunities. Will learn on an ongoing basis the products and features that the company offers. Be willing to communicate daily with management on status of work day. Maintain a high energy while always staying positive. Committed to servicing customers while developing a strong knowledge of their business and product needs. Meet or exceed company sales & profitability goals.
The ideal candidate will:
- MUST BE LIVING IN Virginia I-81 Corridor Area WITH STRONG LOCAL CONNECTIONS
- Have experience in lead generation and growing a customer base.
- Have demonstrated success in growing existing client product portfolio.
- Have experience managing client expectations, multiple requests, and timely follow through.
- Customer focused approach and an ability to learn and adapt to needs and changes quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to deal with customers, vendors and all channels of distribution to assess and analyze situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to excel with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work well with customers and co-workers in a team environment.
- Product knowledge of food service industry; gourmet food experience preferred.
- Reach sales goals as set by management
- Develop customer base necessary to meet all sales forecasts and budgets.
- Maintain high level of product knowledge.
- Attend monthly sales meetings as required.
- Serves as point of contact for all your customers’ issues to include collections.
- Daily/Weekly reporting and updates of sales and new business acquired.
- Research and obtain a good working knowledge of our products.
- Good PC skills with proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Bilingual language skills are a plus
With 32 years in the business, International Gourmet Foods is the leading wholesale distributor of gourmet specialty products, providing quality innovative items from around the world. We listen to our customers daily and our commitment to you will always be our top priority. IGF will always bring you superior service, quality products and competitive prices.
Posting ID: 593942515Posted: 2021-01-27