LKQ is looking to hire a highly reliable and skilled Route Salesperson with knowledge of LKQ products, warehouse methods, techniques and procedures. The Route Salesperson's primary duty is making sales of the Company's products to customers. He/She is expected to obtain sales (i) soliciting new prospects for customers and (ii) persuading regular customers to increase the amount of their purchases or to purchase new Company products. Essential Job Duties:
- Solicit new and existing customers on a daily basis and promote and sell the Company's products to customers.
- Develop relationships with and provide service to existing customers that ensures customer retention and customer loyalty.
- Identify potential new customers and solicit business from the same.
- Be familiar with the Company's product literature and be able to convey product information and availability to customers to ensure the growth of both revenue and the number of customers along route and/or within territory.
- Attend regular sales training meetings to review sales performance and to discuss sales goals and ways to improve sales performance.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible manner with a valid driver's license.
- Deliver products to customers along route and/or within territory -- verify parts delivered to customers and obtain signature of customer confirming the accuracy compared to the work order.
- Protect company assets by diligently performing all duties in a safe manner, including safely handling products delivered and payments collected.
- Comply with established company policies and procedures.
- Assumes other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must have skills in persuasion in order to sell products to existing and new customers.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in order to operate a Company vehicle.
- Ability to establish priorities and exhibit effective time management skills.
- Must be familiar with the company's products.
- Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
- Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively with others.
- Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends.
Company vehicle, personal computer and telephone. Physical Demands
: This position requires individuals to occasionally be on their feet except when operating machinery or a Company vehicle. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly. They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand heights of more than 15 feet. Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels, and be able to handle poor driving conditions due to inclement weather. Preferred Qualifications:
- A minimum of two years sales experience is preferred.
- Some business related college coursework is preferred.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
Posting ID: 608051718Posted: 2021-02-22