Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides patient care coordination for home health or hospice patients. Educates physicians and staff and facilitates continuity of care of patients from hospital to home or hospice. Participates on interdisciplinary team and collaborates with physicians and staff to establish and implement home care or hospice needs. Coordinates referrals from skilled nursing facilities or other locations.
1. Communicates all appropriate patient information and coordinates staff availability directly with the home health or hospice intake department. Communicates home health or hospice staffing availability to referral sources and staff.
2. Coordinates with the patient, patient's family, referring physician, clinical care management representative, and hospital staff to determine the appropriateness of all home care referrals.
3. Educates referral sources and other hospital staff in relation to home health or hospice services and regulatory requirements.
4. Gathers all the necessary demographic and medical information, as well as all requested treatment and services in order to develop a detailed and comprehensive home health or hospice care referral and plan. Identify the type of service which best serves the referral patient: General Inpatient Hospice or Home Hospice and communicate this to the referral source (Case Managers, Residents, or Physicians) and patient/family/care giver.
● Bachelors of Science in Nursing
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of home health, public health or other health related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS HomeCare Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes