MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Maintenance Supervisor role is to provide leadership and support to his/her hourly crew to ensure continuity of plant operations especially regarding maintenance execution. They have 15 direct reports, and are responsible for the maintenance activities on his/her shift required for maintaining and ensuring the reliability for the operations department. They understand and align business operations and Plant Operations as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Provide technical support to the assigned maintenance crew to optimize performance, increase production efficiency, improve quality, and increase equipment reliability.
- Participate in planning and execution of trials to support accuracy of data and results / conclusions.
- Must be able to work with all plant personnel to achieve goals without having direct authority over any group(s).
- Must be able to apply technical knowledge, analytical and critical thinking skills to solve problems quickly when production equipment is down.
- Must be able to manage time effectively while coordinating projects and supporting production
- Effectively communicate both up and down the organization on key issues (e.g. performance reviews, 1-on-1's, safety meetings, overtime plans, monthly business results, etc.)
- Participates in work of subordinates to facilitate productivity or overcome difficult aspects of work.
- Instructs subordinates in job duties or arranges for training to be provided.
- Facilitates team meetings, intervenes as necessary to keep the team's goals and results consistent with company direction, and works with the team members to develop their full potential.
- Initiates and conducts personnel actions such as discipline, performance evaluations, and payroll.
- Evaluates subordinate job performance and recommends appropriate personnel action.
- Administer, communicate and interpret work procedures and company policies to subordinates
- Provides subordinates with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving issues or submits unsettled disputes to management.
- Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International's good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- 3 - 5 years prior experience as a in Manufacturing Maintenance preferred
- College degree in Engineering strongly preferred.
- Ability to engage a work force
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Software Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- To be evaluated and added at a later date and absolutely prior to posting/interviewing for role.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Required Experience
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Nearest Major Market:
Visalia Nearest Secondary Market:
Tulare Job Segment:
Maintenance, Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Payroll, Manufacturing, Management, Engineering, Finance