CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Performs all diagnostic cardiovascular ultrasound testing including M-Mode, two dimensional, color flow mapping, cardiac doppler, echo stress testing, transesophageal echo, stress testing, EKG, and Holter application. Supervises all technical aspects of cardiac ultrasound.
Performs Cardiovascular Ultrasound Procedures
- Provides patient/ family with information regarding procedure.
- Correctly prepares patient for ultrasound procedures
- Demonstrates ability to correctly perform:
- M-Mode, 2-D, color flow doppler.
- Stress echo, stress test and pharmaceutical stress testing.
- Transesophageal echo.
- Recognizes and promptly reports significant finding to physician.
- At the direction of the physician and after appropriate training, administers parenteral contrast agents and oral/parental pharmaceutical agents.
Maintains Equipment and Supplies
- Evaluates equipment for safety, troubleshoots problems and promptly reports malfunctions.
- Maintains echo equipment
- Demonstrates conservative use of supplies.
- Interacts with customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Facilitates scheduling of sufficient personnel for efficient clinic activities.
- Coordinates services between physicians, hospitals, clinics and outreach services.
- Contributes to a congenial work environment.
- Serves as preceptor in training CV ultrasound technicians.
- Accurately prepares monthly reports for productivity.
- Maintains accurate log of echo procedures performed.
- Correctly charges for procedures performed.
- Assist with the development and update of policy and procedure manual,
- Assist Cardiovascular Administrator with capital budget.
- Participates in in services and continuing education programs to advance knowledge of echo testing.
- Provides learning opportunities for participants in outreach program.
- Attends in - service programs.
- Yearly obtains 10 CME hours.
Minimum of two years college with emphasis in medical sciences and mathematics. Meets minimal qualifications for eligibility for registration as an Echocardiographic Technician. Verifiable completion of 18 contact hours of in-service/continuing education in clinical Echocardiography; Registered as a Echocardiographic Technologist.
Must be ARDMS registered within one (1) year of hire date and must be registered in Vascular technology within two (2) years.
Requires repetitive movements and lifting, in excess of 100 pounds, reaching, pulling, pushing, standing and hand-eye coordination.
Knowledge of all non-invasive cardiovascular testing; working knowledge of physics as applied to ultrasound, cardiovascular and thoracic anatomy, equipment, instrumentation and peripherals for recording and display of studies performed. Ability to evaluate new cardiovascular ultrasound modality/equipment; organizational skills; excellent communications skills; ability to work with multi-disciplinary groups; ability to manage all aspects of the echo lab including personnel and necessary clerical duties.
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.