Contact carrier representatives and use Ace software and computer systems to make arrangements, or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials. Prepare documents as necessary to facilitate the efficient and legal transportation of goods using the Ace fleet or other carrier. Interact with Ace and vendor drivers to facilitate traffic functions in accordance with Ace policy and procedures. Record and monitor data, such as weight, Cube, charges, space availability, or discrepancies, for reporting, or recordkeeping purposes. Communicate with Vendor or carrier representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications. Customer service skills and the ability to work well with our Customer Service team. Understand and interpret the impact of DOT laws and regulations on daily work decisions and activities. Promote safety on a daily basis. Training hours will differ from regular scheduled hours set for this positionResponsibilitiesinclude:
- Creating and verifying BOL to be legal and correct
- Providing the proper legal documents as needed
- Putting Ace shipping paperwork packets together
- Communicating regularly with all retailers and drivers
- Experience in an administrative position in a Traffic Dept. preferred
- 1 year of experience in an office handling administrative duties
- Ability to cross train in all traffic clerk positions to cover as needed
- Knowledge of Excel and Word platforms
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations is a plus
- Ability to work long days (until the last route is completed)
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to multi task while paying attention to details
- Work well with others, and communicate effectively
- The Benefits to You are Outstanding!
- Health Insurance: Support yourself and your family with Ace subsidized medical coverage and benefits along with dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, and flexible spending accounts.
- Paid Time Off
- 401K: Company match plus additional company contributions.
- Merchandise Discounts: Purchase products from the warehouse at a generous discounted rate.
Continue your education with a tuition reimbursement program. We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Posting ID: 599462034Posted: 2021-01-14