We have a part-time opening for a Sales Associate- PT-Pleasant Ridge Town Cntr BELK #633.
Must be able to work various shifts per week and weekends.
- Must have 2 or more years retail selling experience.
- 2 or more years merchandising experience
- Complete online assessment.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
As a Retail Sales Associate at BELK, your passion for individual style creation and fashion trends with a foundation reflecting BELK's, Modern, Southern, Style will enable you to drive sales and create a great experience for our customers.Your dedication to providing a neat, clean, organized and safe shopping environment for our customers and team is an important part of creating this experience. As a Retail Sales Associate, you deliver on the customer experience through, being available, having a heightened sense of urgency, and being approachable. Able to utilize digital technology to ensure the customer wants are fulfilled, are paramount in driving service excellence. Your enthusiasm and ability to deliver on these standards will help you grow your career with BELK.
- Perform tasks as requested of you each shift and that pertain to the successful operation of the business
- Able to utilize and understand digital technology, for usage of "endless aisles" ordering.
- Listen to the customer and observe non-verbal cues to anticipate service needs
- Available to work weekends both Saturdays, and Sundays, and holidays, as needed based on the needs of the business.
- Offer product suggestions and add on additional items when engaging with customers
- Maintain a clean and safe environment that prevents loss and minimizes risk
- Process cashier transactions quickly, accurately and drive our BELK customer loyalty programs, explain the benefits of obtaining a BELK Rewards card to achieve acquisition goal and increase current card holder usage
- Deliver results in their role to contribute to their store's success. Are aware of and accountable to the stores and individual goals
- Greet and engage with the customer at all times
- Keep our product folded, sized, in-stock and organized on the sales floor and up stocks/back stocks
- Place styles, sizes and colors of product on the sales floor so they are available for the customer
- Ensure fitting rooms are kept neat, clean and organized at all times
- Process all tasks quickly and accurately per company defined policies and procedures, with a focus on customer service and with a sense of urgency and pride
- Have excellent time management skills
- Ensure store is consistently recovered and customer ready every day
- Execute the replenishment tasks with attention to detail ensuring all styles, sizes and colors are available
Pre-requisites: (Required)-To apply, Log on to www.belk/careers.com --All applicants must complete an online application and complete the assessment prior to submitting resumes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and team members
- Able to work in an environment that drives teamwork, and collaboration.
- Can safely lift 30 lbs. and can maneuver throughout the sales floor and stockroom
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused service on and off the sales floor
- Have availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, holidays, store openings and closings, to meet the needs of the business
The Retail Sales Associate job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work people assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties are listed is not significant
Posting ID: 34000431Posted: 2020-07-14