Watch the following video to learn more: https://video.digi-me.com/mgrc/jobs/operations-support/production-roles-within-inventory-center-and/G50004&src=McGrathScrape
Founded in 1979, McGrath RentCorp is a diversified business to business rental company that rents and sells relocatable modular buildings, storage containers, electronic test equipment, and liquid and solid containment tanks and boxes. We operate through five divisions: Mobile Modular, Mobile Modular Portable Storage, TRS-RenTelco, Adler Tanks, and Enviroplex.
McGrath RentCorp is headquartered in Livermore, CA with branch offices located throughout North America. We are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "MGRC."
For more information about McGrath RentCorp and our operating units, visit www.mgrc.com .
Mobile Modular, a division of McGrath RentCorp, is a national leader in the rental of commercial modular buildings. Our products serve a wide variety of industries including education, construction, residential development, general industry, government, and transportation. The Company is well established with an excellent reputation and long track record of success. The culture is highly service oriented and has allowed successful penetration into new locations in recent years. The team is dedicated, committed, and will only accept the very best to join the ranks!
Position Summary: Working with a production team or individually, inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, and maintains plumbing fixtures in heating, water and drainage systems. Identifies electrical, plumbing and safety problems applicable to the installation and takes necessary corrective action. Performs necessary clerical duties for the job and is able to read blueprints. Trouble shoots and solves problems relating to plumbing matters working under the general supervision of another employee.
Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
• Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, and maintains plumbing fixtures in heating, water and drainage systems
• Identifies electrical, plumbing and safety problems applicable to the installation and takes necessary corrective action
• Performs necessary clerical duties for the job and is able to read blueprints
• Trouble shoots and solves problems relating to plumbing matters working under the general supervision of another employee
• Ensures compliance of new and remodel construction with appropriate plumbing code
• Monitors the work of employees for productivity, quality and safety with regards to light plumbing related work
• Maintain inventory, tools, supplies and work area in an organized manner
• Performs maintenance service, repairs and construction in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, flooring, ceiling and electrical
• May be required to perform troubleshooting and repairs at customer's site
• Other duties as assigned
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
• Knowledge of codes and industry standards applicable to work performed
• Good at establishing clear directions and lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner. Monitors process, progress and results.
• Be able to read and understand floor plans and work orders for projects
• Ability to complete material and labor take offs from blue prints required.
• Able to work outside in variable weather conditions
• Ability to use both manual and power tools
• Ability to use mathematics to calculate length, width, depth, etc. as it relates to construction and accuracy of specs and requirements
• Ability to follow written and spoken instruction
• Ability to safely perform tasks
• Depending on role level has begun, attained and maintains current certification through industry standard agency or process; plumbing contractor certification a plus
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Prior experience in the construction industry performing plumbing and commercial plumbing new construction and remodel construction required
• Able to read Company's construction documents (provided in English) and provide guidance to construction team to complete necessary work; fluency in spoken Spanish preferred
• Knowledge of LEAN a plus
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Able to carry, bend, stoop, turn, kneel, crawl, climb a ladder and other manual labor activities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.