The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation's leading menu-driven independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores. We believe that we have a distinct competitive advantage in serving these customers as a result of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products, our product knowledge and our customer service. We serve the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores around the country. Night Warehouse Manager
We are looking for a dedicated and energetic leader for our Night Warehouse Manager
role. You will supervise and coordinate all daily functions related to receiving, storing, and shipping products at the frozen Distribution Warehouse. Products can be received direct from production and/or rail or truck. You will supervise all distribution activities for temperature-controlled warehouse/s operating 7days a week. The distribution functions include understanding of inventory control processes, cycle counting, storing products, distribution equipment functionality, safety, OSHA requirements and training warehousing staff.Provide materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff, approving new hires, disciplinary actions and budget responsibility. Job Duties:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- High School Diploma or GED and Associates from a reputable academic institution
- Minimum of five years of experience supervising hourly employees in a warehouse environment
- Leadership, motivation and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated success in implementing best practices in distribution, with a focus on receiving and inventory control.
- Ability to analyze and report on data to management in a clear, concise manner.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong communication and organization skills with superior work ethic.
- Judgment and decision-making ability.
- Team player who works productively with wide range of staff.
- 1250 Whipple Rd, Union City, CA 94587, USA
Posting ID: 577702019Posted: 2020-10-05