Part-Time Opening (M-F 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm)
The Custodian is responsible for the cleaning, and general upkeep of Arc's buildings and premises. Incumbents' responsibilities include cleaning and disinfecting, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, trash removal, moving furniture and room setups. The Custodian is also responsible for the safe use of all cleaning equipment and chemicals. The Custodian reports directly to the Custodial Supervisor.
- Working knowledge of commercial cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Commercial Housekeeping maintenance skills for offices, bathrooms, dining areas, clinical facilities, general use areas and outdoor walkways and entrance areas.
- Must be able to get to their primary assigned site independently.
- Must maintain job-required certifications and/or licenses.
- Ability to lift, move and handle equipment, supplies and furniture.
- Knowledge of safety requirements for the use of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Supports the Goals and Mission of Arc of Onondaga County. Ensures that your communications and personal performance reflect the Agency's commitment to teamwork, compliance with policies and procedures and respect for consumers and staff.
- Computer and office technology expertise that is required to fulfill job responsibilities and assignments.
- Attends and participates in required Arc meetings, staff development and training programs.
- Establishes and provides clear and legible documentation and compliance records required by Arc and other government agencies.
- Provides other job-related support and services as required or assigned by management.
Education & Experience Requirements
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Six months of related experience preferred.
- Combination of education and experience which, in the judgement of the employer, equals above standards.
Posting ID: 568400275Posted: 2020-10-19