The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the management of a specific client segment or segments, including all commercial aspects from pipeline analysis, to deal review and approval, to contract and fee negotiation. In the role, the Associate will work closely with a senior VP within the team, as well as Sales, Client Service, and Operations teams to define and drive the strategy for each client segment, in order to attract new business, retain profitable clients, and guide the prioritization of product enhancements to increase client satisfaction. The Associate will also form strong partnerships with colleagues in Risk, Legal, and Compliance to ensure proper commercial outcomes, while still protecting the business and the firm. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Helping to evolve the client segment strategy and producing a clear and agreed business pipeline projection.
- Supporting segment-level governance for monitoring client satisfaction, approving client change, and reviewing operational risk events.
- Working with Sales to conduct wallet-sizing for current and prospect client names and completing SVA / revenue analysis and remediation
- Partnering with Product Development to drive required investment funding, and working to define and close perceived or actual product gaps.
- Overseeing and/ or supporting delivery of key business transformation projects as needed, focused on increasing profitability and controls
- Supporting key franchise client discussions regarding current and target state Custody capabilities
- Driving product innovation to influence long-term product direction and future strategy
- Engaging and establishing strong working relationships with key product and functional partners within Securities Services and across Lines of Business
- Staying abreast of market and competitor changes as they pertain to clients and the Global Custody offering
- Sound understanding of the Securities Services business
- Solid understanding of the trade lifecycle, from execution through settlement and asset servicing
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients
- Strong desire to take accountability for strategic deliverables and ability to act as an effective team player in a dynamic environment
- Strong project and program management skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills based upon fact and business/industry knowledge
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong organization skills, with a keen ability to prioritize and re-prioritize in real-time
- Experience of legal and commercial negotiations, a plus
- Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results, a plus
- Experience of servicing fund investments, both mutual and hedge funds, a plus
- Experience with Securities Class Actions/ Securities Litigations, a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransAbout the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan delivers investor solutions that help clients protect their portfolios, optimize their efficiency and maximize opportunities in diverse global markets. Teams support clients across a global custody network spanning 100 markets, with custody and asset servicing, fund accounting and administration, alternative investment services, integrated analytics, agency lending, collateral management and depositary receipt solutions. Clients include asset and fund managers, asset owners, banks and broker-dealers, hedge funds and alternative investors, and insurance companies.