Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
ResponsibilitiesA Line Operator is responsible for performing and maintaining the daily activities associated with a production line. This includes housekeeping, safety, quality, maintaining production efficiencies, repair and maintenance and minimizing downtime. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. Ability to work varying shifts is also required due to equipment changeovers. A Line Operator reports directly to the shift Production Supervisor.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a safe work environment through practicing proper PPE and housekeeping compliance.
- Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to the Production Supervisor
- Practice proper forklift operation and preventive maintenance.
- Completion of shift production and reporting paperwork.
- Meet ADS and AASHTO quality specifications for all products produced.
- Adhere to ADS product sampling schedule.
- Assist with Preventative Maintenance program as required
- Meet or exceed standard production efficiencies on all production lines.
- Maintain ability to operate various production lines and process effectively, earn certifications
- Maintain and build job skills through company training programs.
- Troubleshoot process and mechanical problems and perform repairs and adjustments to meet production needs as required.
- Perform tooling changeovers in an efficient manner
- Meet wired plant compliance metrics
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair abilities.
- Basic computer skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate heavy machinery, i.e. forklifts, in a safe manner
- Reading and Writing skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing machine operation or extrusion experience
- 1-2 years experience as ADS Down Stream Technician
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes.
- Position requires full range of body motion including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours.
- Ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods.
Posting ID: 562903813Posted: 2020-07-14