The Systems / WiFi Engineer II will be primarily responsible for the Change Management function within a large, customer-facing, wireless broadband network environment.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Assess and resolve wireless service impairments using fundamental knowledge of IP routing, wireless access and infrastructure systems related to defects encountered in configuration item modifications or deployments.
- Contribute to the development of internal support processes and procedures.
- Provide articulate verbal and/or written impact assessments to management in English.
- Aggressively pursue high standard of network and system performance and availability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Network Operations and wireless teams to proactively identify and resolve potential system, network and customer impacts in the maintenance window.
- Create detailed documentation and be able to apply knowledge of network security best practices.
- Work with OSS applications and software.
- Perform other, collateral duties as requested by manager.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Interdisciplinary Telecom, Wireless & Cellular Communications, or related field and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years systems engineering experience
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: Red Hat Systems Administration (RHCSA), VmWare (VCP-DCV) or WiFi / Wireless systems.
- Experience with large distributed networks and MSO / Wireless Operator topologies.
- Proficient using multiple, industry standard, operating system environments including Linux, Cisco IOS/NX-OS, JunOS, VMWare.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IP routing, wireless access and infrastructure systems to quickly assess and resolve wireless service impairments.
- Proficiency leveraging packet-analysis tools and network analytics platforms to troubleshoot or characterize network traffic.
- Knowledge and exposure to and functional knowledge of IP routing, and routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS and OSPF as well as enabling protocols and platforms such as DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, PMIP.
- Familiarity with the following equipment is a plus: Cisco UCS, Ruckus vSZ/SCG/ZD, Cisco WLC, Cisco Nexus/ASR, Nokia 7750, Netscout Infinistream.
- Demonstrated knowledge across all layers of the OSI model.
- CCNA/CCNP (Wireless).
- CWNP Certified Wireless Network Administrator.
- Knowledge of industry products and services.JOB SCOPE
Posting ID: 589781109Posted: 2020-11-28