Critical Care Nurse Internship Program (CCNIP) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
AdventHealth's Critical Care Nurse Internship Program (CCNIP) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is for the Experienced RN who is interested in transitioning into an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) from another specialty. This 6-8 week program incorporates comprehensive body systems modules including anatomy and physiology, various body systems conditions, diagnostics, nursing care and treatment. This online approach provides the basic didactic critical care content with educational activities that is reinforced in clinical experience with a preceptor.
Click here to take a virtual tour of our AdventHealth Altamonte Springs campus!
- Full-time paid internship and nursing position
- Blended didactic and precepted clinicals
- Two-year contract required
- Candidates that receive job offers by the acceptance deadline (below) are able to start in any of the program dates that follow. Below shows our available program dates through the remainder of 2020.
Acceptance Deadlines and Start Dates
Work Hours/Shifts: Schedule will be determined based on department needs.
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
- Nursing Process: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect.
- Nursing Process: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care.
- Nursing Knowledge: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to, lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes.
- Patient Safety: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards.
- Communication: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding.
- Documentation: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time.
- Professional Development: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing.
Knowledge, Skills, Education , and Experience Required:
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Ability to work as a team player within a unit
- Effective verbal and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- EKG competency testing
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (Preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Professional certification (Preferred)
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses and experienced nurses during the training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Posting ID: 567233189Posted: 2020-08-09