We Are Hiring
Assistant - Medical Lab Phlebotomist - General Lab Anc 001 - PRN, Rotating - Ascension Providence - Waco, TX
Schedule: This position will fill in as need for short staffing and vacations. May be asked to work various shifts to include but not limited to Days (4AM to 1230 PM) Evenings (1230-2100) and Nights (2100-0730AM). Rotating weekends and holidays.This role is not gaurentee hours and is as needed.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Healthcare Netwk-TX, you will have the opportunity to collect and process blood specimens for testing and performs multiple clerical and processing functions.
- May draw and collect blood samples according to policy. Receive, centrifuge, accession, process and transport specimens. Verifies all related records.
- Works pending lists, orders add-on tests, and resolves duplicate orders.
- Sets up instruments. Maintains, cleans, and sterilizes equipment and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
- Performs clerical duties which may include answering phones, reviewing EKGs, collecting patient demographic data for patient registration, ordering tests, ABNs, data entry and filing.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider.
- Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Minimum Qualification: None Required
- Phlebotomy Tech.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Tech credentialed from the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians. All issuing authorities accepted.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V).
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Posting ID: 582111614Posted: 2020-10-27