Parks & Facilities
Pay Grade/Salary Range:
PG-102 $21,017.73 - $32,577.48Posting Expires:9/30/2020GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
A laborer position responsible for moderately heavy and detailed work performing housekeeping and other light maintenance tasks for CountyESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following statements describe the principal functions of the job and its scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive list of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
• Scrubs, mops, waxes, and polishes exposed floors
• Vacuums, cleans, and sweeps carpeted areas.
• Washes windows, woodwork, paneling, toilets, wash basins and other fixtures in buildings.
• Restocks paper and liquid products in bathrooms, kitchens and other designated areas.
• Changes towels, toilet paper, and soap in washrooms or other designated areas.
• Sweeps and generally cleans sidewalks and other outside areas near buildings.
• Removes trash and other obstructions from buildings, sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas.
• Replaces burned-out light bulbs.
•Assists in making minor repairs to equipment.
• Moves office furniture and equipment to new locations as needed.
• Operates motor vehicles to transport materials and personnel.
• Maintains professional and safe unit and work area adhering to established safety policies and the image desired for the organization.
• Consistently follows Board policies and procedures.
• Responds productively to change and performs all other tasks as related.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment required in the performance of janitorial work.
• Skills in the operation of hand tools, buffers, vacuums, pressure cleaning duties and other mechanical equipment.
• Ability to understand and communicate oral and written instructions.
• Sufficient agility to safely perform a variety of custodial tasks.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors, Elected Officials, vendors, and the general public.
PHYSICAL SKILLS:Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 10% of the time. Frequently operates various types of janitorial equipment to include, but not limited to brooms, mops, and vacuums, Must be able to frequently position self to work under or around various items to perform custodial tasks. Constantly inspects and assesses equipment, buildings and materials to complete daily tasks. Frequently ascends/descends stairs, ladders and scaffolding. Frequently moves materials and office equipment weighing up to 40 lbs. Frequently communicates with the public, vendors, and co-workers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Frequently works in outdoors weather conditions. May be required to work I inclement outdoor weather for up to four (4) hours. Frequently operates motor vehicle for up to four (4) hours. Constantly inspected and assesses equipment, buildings and materials to complete daily tasks.
Powered by JazzHR