Sr. Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
Job Summary: The Sr. Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis must be dynamic, personable, detailed, organized and well-spoken individual with a ton of positive energy. The candidate must be customer centric and self-sufficient and be able to balance the demands of delivering results in the short term while helping steer the Company in delivering on its long-term business model. He/ she will have primary responsibility for the critical financial analysis, oversight, and partnership with the Planning and Operations Team. The position will assist in driving business decisions through fact-based, financial data and analytics. This individual will be responsible for a wide range of activities to include financial planning, reporting and analysis on new initiatives, projects, pricing and business opportunities along with developing reporting and forecasting models.
At Tender Greens we value partnership, inspire passion, incubate good ideas and celebrate innovation. As the Sr. Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, you are responsible for exemplifying the company culture as well as;
• Leading all aspects of financial planning, forecasting, analytics, and reporting to include monthly actual, quarterly rolling forecast, and annual operating plans
• Coordinating and completion of planning process, inclusive of annual budgets, forecasts and long term plans
• Working with senior management team and department managers to develop and build plans
• Maintaining and developing standard business metrics for analyzing business performance
• Maintaining existing and developing new management information reports that report key metrics and communicating trends to appropriate management
• Maintaining and improving planning tools and processes
• Analyzing and tracking of strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes
• Conducting in-depth analysis on functional projects to include NPV and Return on Invested Capital assessments of investment options and establishing prioritization for investment decisions
• Developing, analyzing and interpreting statistical and accounting information in order to evaluate operating results in terms of profitability, efficiency, and performance utilizing concepts including: IRR, NPV, ROIC, payback, and terminal value
• Developing business scenario modeling and execution that includes responsibility for process and compliance support and key controls implementation and monitoring
• Driving continued automation of all financial and operational reporting processes
• Tracking and reporting against capital expenditure and related business costs
• Ad hoc reporting for various members of the senior management team
• Preparing monthly management reporting packages
• Advanced modeling and support with regards to strategic business development opportunities
• Monitoring and providing productive data regarding industry trends and developments
We challenge ourselves, and each other, to be the best. Desired skills and traits for this position include;
• A high level of morale and energy, and ability to point to previous experiences where they have "energized" a team to perform and deliver against stretch expectations
• Ability to establish a high degree of accountability across their organization through both performance measurement and clear communications
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills with ability to deliver strategic messages to senior leadership level positions
• A proven track record of academic and professional excellence
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA, CPA, or CMA viewed favorably
• 5-7+ years' experience in a high growth or transformational environment with similar responsibilities
• Deep financial planning, data mining, and modeling expertise
• Expert in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• A self-directed individual with a strong ability to manage ambiguity and who adapts readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions.
• An individual who is self-confident, competent, outgoing, and independent with a straightforward personality and executive presence.
• Entrepreneurial appreciation; talent for leading change to achieve best results.
• Fits well in an environment that rewards bright, self-starting, energetic, and action-orientated managers with increasing responsibility and challenge.
• Comfortable working with very sensitive data and able to maintain a high degree of discretion.
• Ability to excel in working within an open, flexible, results-oriented, performance based environment.
• Ability to work with all levels of people in the company.
• Proven ability in a "rapid growth environment".
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Lifting/carrying files and papers up to 10 pounds
• Some bending/kneeling required
• Stationary, seated position
• Some driving required
Hours: Will vary, must be able to work evenings and weekends. Average 50 hour/week.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V