Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center .
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Submit Interest Location:
Panorama City, CA Additional Locations:
Santa Clarita Medical Offices 27107 Tourney Rd., 27107 Tourney Rd., Santa Clarita,California, 91355 Job Number:
890509 Date posted:
Under the medical supervision of an anesthesiologist, administers general and regional anesthesia for all types of surgical, obstetrical, and other procedures that require anesthesia services, to patients of various age groups including: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric in accordance w/ hospital and departmental standards of care. Such intervention may include, but not be limited to: airway management; maintenance of fluid balance; homeostasis; monitoring; response to emergencies related to airway management and cardiopulmonary resuscitation; and management of patients on ventilators. Essential Functions:
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures (i.e. JCAHO, Title 22, Regional and Department requirements).
- Evaluates patients pre-operatively by interviewing and examining patient; reviews chart for relevant information.
- In collaboration with the anesthesiologist selects anesthetic for patient based on pre-operative examination.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of each age group served: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Selects anesthetic for patient based on pre-operative examination.
- Evaluates patient's response to pre-medication.
- Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist regarding special concerns of patient.
- Checks anesthesia equipment daily and between cases to assure safe operating condition.
- Prepares drugs for administration.
- Administers anesthesia in accordance with delineated clinical privileges and any conditions or restrictions imposed thereof.
- Monitors the patient intra-operatively.
- Evaluates operative and post-operative condition of patient and takes necessary action to maintain stability.
- Evaluates the patients postoperatively (within 24 hours).
- Precepts student nurse anesthetists.
- Maintains an accurate accounting of controlled substances in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Maintains equipment and supplies as outlined in department policies and procedures.
- Complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures (i.e. JCAHO, CAC Title 22, Regional and Department requirements).
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations when interacting with public, patients, staff, and other personnel.
- May perform other duties within scope of licensure/certification as required. Basic Qualifications:
- Experience in anesthesia for major procedures involving extensive monitoring and fluid, blood, and electrolyte replacement for various age group patients.Education
- Graduate of an educational program in Nurse Anesthesia accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs and Schools. License, Certification, Registration
- Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) approved and accepted by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist issued by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists and/or Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
- CRNA eligible and must achieve certification within five (5) months of date of program completion to continue employment.
- Valid BCLS card.
- Valid ACLS.
- Valid PALS card where required.
- Valid and current California RN license (Department Consumer Affairs).
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
- CRNA's must demonstrate both technical/clinical and professional skill and ability along with all related techniques and procedures within the scope of practice as defined by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Additional skills are required in charting and documentation, knowledge of equipment and supplies, productivity, job and personal maturity communication, and education and staff development.
- Current or recent OB Anesthesia experience preferred.
- Travel to KP Santa Clarita Outpatient Suite location. Primary Location:
California,Panorama City,Panorama City Medical Center 13652 Cantara St. Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start:
Varies Working Hours End:
Varies Job Schedule:
Per Diem Job Type:
Standard Employee Status:
Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
KPNAA - CRNA Job Level:
Individual Contributor Job Category:
Nursing Licensed Specialty:
Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Department:
Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Please fill out the fields below and click "Join Now" to receive information about opportunities that relate to your selections.
Enter Last Name
Search for a category and select one from the list of suggestions. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click "Add" to create your job alert.
Select Job Location*