Hotel June is seeking a Server for our two signature outlets and bars. Inspired by the soul and spirit of California, Scenic Route and Caravan Swim Club offer vibrant food and drink for hotel guests and the local community. Hotel June has partnered with Hospitality guru, Steve Livigni of award-winning Scopa Italian Roots, Dama, Old Lightning and Black Market Liquor Bar to create new food and beverage concepts drawing inspiration along the coast from Baja, MX to Santa Barbara, CA. This ideally located 250-room re-imagined Hotel on the Westside with two restaurants, creative event venues, and a spectacular pool deck is the flagship of a new thoughtful, accessible, lifestyle brand from Proper Hotels.
The Server will be responsible for maintaining a pleasant atmosphere for guests in the restaurant. The ideal candidate will be passionate about hospitality and have a high level of service skills and interpersonal skills.
• Oversee table maintenance
• Make beverage and dining suggestions and describe the items to guests
• Speak eloquently about the hotel, restaurant and menu
• Prioritize guests’ needs above service team member convenience
• Gain insights to a guests’ dining preferences through verbal and nonverbal cues
• Maintain the ambiance and service standards of the hotel at all times, while on property
• Take/serve orders and answer all guest inquiries
• Deliver drinks & food to tables
• Collaborate with other servers, Management and Culinary colleagues
• Handle complaints or challenges with a positive attitude
• Issue bills and accept payment
• Maintain the quality and consistency of the guest experience
• Follow all standard operating procedures as it pertains to cash handling
• Experience in a luxury or lifestyle hospitality environment preferred
• Service-oriented and passion for hospitality
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Proactive attitude with strong organizational and time management skills
• Work flexible schedules and willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
• Collaborate with Colleagues cross-departmentally
• Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Work cohesively with Colleagues as part of a team
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category,
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.