If you are interested please apply online send your resume to Anjimenez@mlkch.org
Be part of a new and unique opportunity in the Medical Surgical/Telemetry Float Pool at MLKCH! Floating allows you to get exposure to other specialty units and exposure to working in our ICU, COA and ED departments.
As a nurse, you will be a part of our mission to provide compassionate collaborative, quality care to improve the health to an underserved community.
Join our team as a Full-Time Nurse and enjoy excellent benefits!
- Generous Paid Time Off accrual*
- Medical benefit options: Kaiser and Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision options
- Extensive Voluntary Insurance options: Life Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan and employer match
- Employee Discounts
- Refer a nurse? Earn up to 5K per eligible referral
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $10,000 for FT employees*
- Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program: MLKCH is a qualified employer
*subject to Policy rules and restrictionsPOSITION SUMMARY
The Clinical Staff Nurse is a skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the management of patient care. Reporting to the Manager of Medical-Surgical Telemetry, the RN will float as needed throughout the hospital to provide care for Medical-Surgical Telemetry patients. The settings would include inpatient Medical-Surgical Telemetry units as well the Emergency Department, the Intensive Care Unit or the Post Anesthesia Care Unit when overflow Medical-Surgical Telemetry are being boarded there. The Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour accountability for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized patient/family centered care based on the Watson Model of Care for a defined group of patients, including the identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and performance improvement process activities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
POSITION REQUIREMENTS A. Education
- The nurse will exhibit flexibility in transfer of location throughout the shift as patient census dictates.
- The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs.
- Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters the plan of care. Is accountable for prioritizing and organizing patient care and ensuring follow through with planned care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and needs of the patients served on the assigned unit. Consistently applies current literature/research findings and critical thinking skills to make sound clinical decisions.
- Demonstrates the Hospital's Patient Satisfaction effort when interacting with patients, families, and co-workers.
- The nurse develops and maintains a therapeutic nurse/patient relationship throughout the health care continuum. Respect for patient's rights is an integral part of the nurse/patient relationship as reflected in our values and mission. Conducts hourly rounding on patients.
- The nurse communicates utilizing the SBAR in all hand-off situations.
- Performs documentation of patient care including: assessment, interdisciplinary plan of care (IPOC), implementation, evaluation, and the Watson Model of Care following unit specific and hospital documentation policies and procedures.
- Anticipates variables affecting patient comfort and alters physical and psychosocial interventions accordingly, using a variety of modalities. Assists patient/family to maximize sense of control and actively participate in his/her recovery.
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Works with Care Managers during the patient's stay and takes a proactive role in coordinating interdisciplinary discharge planning for a specific patient population.
- Reviews all orders on patients and communicates changes in patient condition with physician and other team members. Contacts the physician promptly with significant changes in patient's condition, collaborates professionally for required orders and follows-up with revised care.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions and documents outcomes in the IPOC.
- Utilizes patient classification system according to standards
- Demonstrates ability to plan, supervise, instruct and evaluate ancillary nursing personnel, orientees and registry staff.
- Upholds professional appearance and demonstrates such through adherence to dress code. Wears hospital I.D. badge and promotes the standard of proper identification for peers and staff.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment that complies with regulatory standards including Patient Safety Goals.
- Participates in the implementation of the unit specific Quality and Performance Improvement Plan, completes monitoring forms and reports findings to the Clinical Unit Supervisor and Nurse Manager.
- Assist with unit orientation of new employees.
- Assist with unit set-up of equipment, supplies, patient rooms, etc.
- Assist in the Care Collaborative System training for new employees.
- Participate in integrated testing for the Care Collaborative System.
- Provide basic hygiene and ADL's to patients.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing degree preferred.
- Associate in Nursing, Nursing Diploma, or equivalent.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience in Telemetry or combined Medical-Surg-Tele unit.
- Current California Nursing license
- Basic EKG Competence
- Certification in Progressive Critical Care Nursing preferred.
- Certification in Medical / Surgical Nursing preferred.
Equal Rights Employer
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Dysrhythmia Course certificate preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Blue Card within 90 Days of hire or requirement notification.
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your application for employment. Please click the link below to view the E-verify or Right to Work information.