WE'RE LOOKING FOR A GREAT PURCHASING COORDINATOR! IS IT YOU?!
Hey! Are you a foodie? A burgeoning culinarian? Are you interested in where food comes from? Wondering how our amazing food makes it from the farm to the restaurant to your plate?
Be part of the magical team that pulls the strings to get fresh amazing food to 30 restaurants each day! Learn the secrets that make it possible. Work directly with our chefs and be a part of our awesome team!
Are you up for an exciting new challenge?
If you're passionate about food and your career, then you need to check us out!
Working at Tender Greens is more than just an average job. Be part of a company that believes in food equality, wellness and supporting local farms and ranchers. The opportunities for growth are endless. Based at the Home Office in Downtown Los Angeles in a family-like environment.
As the Purchasing Coordinator, you are responsible for exemplifying the company culture as well as;
• Maintaining order guides, purchase tracker and store inventory templates with assistance from Finance
• Maintaining nutritional information for all core menu items with 3rd party provider
• Assisting and analyzing vendor usage reports and rebates
• Assisting with the administration of agreements for the procurement of goods or services
• Coordinating expense/supply item requests from stores and administration
• Coordinating with the purchasing team on item costing and margin analysis
• Analyzing returned bids, providing summary of proposals and submitting procurement recommendations
• Assisting in purchasing-related problem solving at the store level
• Expediting delivery of goods to locations
• Generating usage reports with internal back office system
• Assisting with special projects on an as-needed basis, including managing and tracking projects
• Assisting in field communication related to product announcements and programs
• Making regularly scheduled visits to the field in order to promote awareness and communication
• Assisting the Purchasing Department with related aspects towards new store openings and expansion
We challenge ourselves, and each other, to be the best. Desired experience for this position include;
• Prior Restaurant Operations and Purchasing experience is a MUST, prefer 3+ years
• Curiosity to seek out continuous learning opportunities
• High level of resourcefulness and initiative, be a results-oriented individual
• Strong, positive interpersonal skills as well as excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to work as a team member
• Extremely proficient in MS Office Suite and Google Docs
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Proactive and resourceful in solving problems, detail oriented and energetic
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Lifting/carrying files and papers up to 30 pounds
• Some bending/kneeling required
• Stationary, seated position
• Some driving required
Hours: Average 40 hour/week.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Tender Greens will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles FCHIO.
Posting ID: 74386183Posted: 2020-07-14