Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we expect delays in some of our hiring process and will leverage our digital capabilities to continue recruiting top talent. For the latest information on USC's response to COVID-19, please visit https://sites.usc.edu/coronavirus/ .
Keck Medicine of USC is hiring for immediate openings! Apply now !
Keck Medicine of USC is one of only two university-based medical systems in the Los Angeles area. Its internationally renowned physicians and scientists provide world-class patient care at Keck Hospital of USC, USC Norris Cancer Hospital, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital and more than 80 outpatient clinics in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
Keck Medical Center was ranked No. 16 on U.S. News & World Report's 2019-20 Best Hospital Honor Roll and among the top 3 hospitals in Los Angeles and top 5 in California. The hospital also ranked in the top 4 in urology (tie); top 10 in geriatrics; top 15 in ophthalmology, cardiology & heart surgery, gastroenterology & GI surgery and nephrology; top 20 in neurology & neurosurgery; top 25 in cancer; and top 35 in pulmonology & lung surgery.
Chief Administrative Officer - Norris Hospital Administration - Full Time - Exempt
Apply Keck Hospital - Administration Hospital Los Angeles, California
- The operations chief for the Norris Cancer Hospital of USC manages the coordination of a wide variety of administrative, fiscal, operational, and technical activities to assure the delivery of high value, high quality cancer related services within the Norris Cancer Hospital and Norris main campus outpatient practices.
- This position serves as the Hospital Administrator for the Norris Cancer Hospital, Keck Medical Center of USC. This position is responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the delivery of patient care, ensures timely access to care for patients, overall project management, strategic planning, performance improvement and achievement of clinical service goals. This most senior executive for NCH will partner with the Cancer Physician-in-Chief and the Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center Director, as well as School of Medicine research leadership, and the USC Care Regional Cancer Executive Administrator.
- This role has dual reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, Keck Medical Center and to the Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center Director. Additional reporting for ambulatory includes to the Chief Executive Officer, USC Care.
- Under direction of NCCC Director, operations chief of Norris Cancer Hospital will:
- Work with NCCC Director, PIC and CISO leadership to foster seamless integration of clinical research and patient care and increase accrual to interventional
- Work with NCCC Director and CISO leadership to improve CISO operations for greater efficiency, fostering organizational and process improvements as needed.
- Work with NCCC Director and Associate Director for Administration in preparation of the NCI core grant competing renewal.
Assist Keck and Norris leadership in the creation of a world class cell therapy program, including business planning and delivery of existing and new therapies to patients.
Minimum Education: Master's degree in Business Administration, Nursing, Health Science Administration, Public Health or related field.Minimum Experience/Knowledge:• Minimum 7-10 years' leadership experience providing executive level leadership in a nationally accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center, Cancer Hospital, or multispecialty Ambulatory Cancer Center. This experience must include health care/practice operational senior management roles including operations and strategic planning. Experience with Academic Medical Centers preferred.• Superior communication and facilitation skills are required. In addition, the individual should have:o Experience in developing a patient-centered and physician-friendly culture and promoting patient experiencing;o demonstrates a strong track record of enhancing physician engagement within a systemo A track record of solid performance as a skilled leader with an ability to measure and improve outcomes, assess market potential and take appropriate business risks to achieve goals in growing clinical programso Familiarity with information systems, regulatory compliance issues, particularly for academic practices, and business operations for physician groupso Proven experience in building patient care centers and cancer service lines• Characteristics/Competencies:o A self-confident, proactive change agent with a demonstrated ability to effectively and sensitively help Norris Cancer Hospital evolve its culture to achieve high performance; a track record of driving change, breaking down silos, and advancing a vision with a creative and innovative flairo A solid personal values system consistent with the mission/vision/values; an impeccable reputation for integrity, credibility and the capacity to build and sustain trusting relationshipso Able to articulate and gain buy-in to a vision - with the ability to lead the organization to achieve that vision, along with the flexibility and responsiveness required of a senior leadero Demonstrated knowledge of the business aspects of hospitals, multi-specialty group practice management and ambulatory clinical operations.• Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; an open, honest, and objective manner with the ability to relate effectively with constituents and shareholders; is tactful and diplomatic including the ability to convey business and financial issues to physicians and other constituents.• A collaborative leader and excellent manager who motivates and empowers others while holding them accountable; one who actively works with others to develop and enhance individual talents; a team player who has an approachable demeanor and collegial style that welcomes input into the decision-making process.• Brings a hands-on approach to management with the ability to focus on details, as well as see the big picture• Politically astute, intelligent, and skilled negotiator with a collaborative approach; a self-confident individual who is not afraid of criticism or challenge and can effectively manage conflict.Required License/Certification:LA City Fire and Safety Certification. If no certification upon hire, must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
REQ20088650 Posted Date: 04/16/2020 Apply
Send jobs to friends through work with me.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Stay connected with University of Southern California
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com .
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance (PDF) opens in a new window . We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com . Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.