Route Delivery Driver
Brown Foodservice is offering a $4,500 sign-on bonus.
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: In the Route Delivery Driver position, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of grocery/food items, grocery/food specialty products and convenience store/restaurant supplies to various customer locations. Based out of our Louisa, KY warehouse, you will be an essential part of our team that has been servicing customers and delivering fine foods since 1942.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drive tractor-trailer and perform product deliveries along assigned routes, and other related duties to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State Laws as they relate to DOT and any other applicable traffic regulations.
- Maintain accuracy of delivered product with no damage due to mishandling.
- Immediately communicate problems to the Transportation Supervisor by phone.
- Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip.
- Drive tractor-trailer to destination, apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and maneuver vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Maintain electronic driver log according to DOT regulations.
- Maintain telephone contact with supervisor to receive delivery or pickup instructions.
- Follow transportation policies, food/personal safety regulations, and company policies and procedures for personnel.
- Ensure conformance with company standards for professional appearance, conduct, and training requirements.
- Complete administrative tasks and related paperwork to guarantee the efficiency of transportation operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must know and adhere to Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a valid CDL Class A License.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Ability to perform repetitive lifting of 50 lbs.
- Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, sales, and customers.
- Ability to use new applications/proprietary software.
- Basic math skills required.
- Self-motivated; customer-focused.
- Active listening skills; Independent thinking/decision-making skills.
- Ensure attendance and punctuality within company standards.
- Must be able to drive tractor trailer safely in adverse weather conditions, including darkness, rain, wind, snow, or ice.
- Must be able to use dolly or hand truck in heavy lifting and shifting loads on wet, dry, icy, bumpy, or uneven terrain with frequent curbs and obstructions.
- Must be able to load and unload product routinely at multiple customer sites daily.
BROWN FOODSERVICE, INC BENEFITS
- Brown Foodservice offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pension, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 581917610Posted: 2020-10-31