The Manager's primary purpose is to develop restaurant management and hourly staff to build and increase sales over the previous year and improve profitability, while ensuring employee and guest satisfaction, without compromising the integrity or culture of the concept. The General Manager is responsible for the success of the operation within their control.
A successful manager will demonstrate the following competencies required to achieve the desired "outcomes" from their contributions to the mission statement:
1. Honesty and integrity in all things.
2. The ability to attract and develop a quality staff of "A" players.
3. Strong work ethic.
4. Willingness to listen.
5. Professional presentation and verbal skill set.
6. Ability to organize and inspire a team towards a common goal.
7. Aptitude for food and restaurant execution.
8. Positive impact on restaurant finances.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Regularly works more than 40 hours per week, generally 50-55 hours per week, with five days on the job, and two days off work, as a general rule
- Regularly works in the kitchen leading, training, teaching and coaching culinary duties
- Regularly works in the dining room leading, training, teaching and coaching host and service functions
- Walking, bending and stooping. Some moderate to heavy lifting on a semi-regular basis. Moderate exposure to extreme temperatures (i.e. freezer, heat behind the cook line).
- A daytime schedule with no night shifts - ever
- Competitive pay and benefits including health, 401k and paid vacation
- Excellent training
- Opportunities to advance
We try not to take ourselves too seriously, but there are a few things we look for in our managers:
- Two years of full-service restaurant experience
- Passion for fresh food and customer service
- Unfailing work ethic and integrity
- Ability to attract and foster a quality staff and inspire them to greatness
- Professional presentation and demeanor
Posting ID: 555228468Posted: 2020-07-28