Louisville Tile Distributors is seeking a warehouse Shipping and Receiving Specialist. The person in this position creates a positive experience for will call customers, is comfortable leveraging our technology, and exercises attention to detail during picking, shipping, and receiving. This position is M-F from 11:00 am - 8:00 pm with overtime as needed to complete daily tasks. Applicants must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check. We are dedicated to providing a workplace with health and safety measures in place to combat the spread of Coronavirus.
Louisville Tile has been a family owned business for over 60 years with 13 locations. We provide cutting edge tile and setting materials to residential and commercial customers in KY, OH, IN, MI, and TN. Louisville Tile offers careers in many fields and strive to promote from within. Our company has a family like environment with a caring culture. We were voted one of Kentucky's Best Places to work the last three years by our employees! You can learn more about us here.
• Monthly profit sharing bonus
• 401(k) with employer match of 50% of the first 6%
• Health, dental, vision, short term disability, accident policy, cancer policy, and supplemental life
• Employer paid: life insurance, long term disability, and employee assistance program
• 7 paid holidays
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Specialist Qualifications
• 2 years of warehouse experience
• Forklift certified is a plus
• High School Diploma
• Ability to lift and carry up to 90 lbs in accordance with safety training
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Specialist Desired Skills
• Ability to provide professional face to face service and have a passion for the customer
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to problem solve and resolve inventory discrepancies
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency and prioritize workflow
• Desire to work on a team and advance with a growing company
• Desire to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
• Comfort with changing processes and technology
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Specialist Primary Functions
• Picking and packing customer orders, transfers, and loading trucks
• Create positive and trusted relationships with repeat customer base
• Daily receiving and put away of incoming material
• Inspecting material for damage and accuracy of count
• Product identification and knowledge
• Lifting heavy material and loading customer orders maintaining inventory accuracy
• Forklift driving
• Foster communication with other departments on the status of orders
• Put material away and accurately record bin locations
• Ability to work in warehouse environment with changing temperature and weather conditions, operate warehouse machinery and operate the computer system.
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Specialist Reporting, Reviews and Compensation
• This position reports to the Warehouse Manager.
• The position is reviewed at 90-days, and annually thereafter. Reviews are used for goal setting, compensation decisions, process improvement and advancement.