We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
Community Healthcare Network is seeking for a Full-Time Medical Office Specialist who will be a multi-functional position and is a key member of the health team. This position is responsible for center operational activities, such as registration, medical records management, billing, maintaining appointment schedules and verifying insurance and data collection. Major scope of responsibilities will depend on needs of health center.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet patients and provide basic orientation to the center and all available services.
- Check-in and screen all patients to determine their insurance.
- Obtain accurate and complete personal information from the patient as required for registration and enters into the Practice Management System (PMS).
- Monitors the ECW office visits screen to assure patients are processed and checked out timely.
- Verify patients’ insurance. Performs a financial assessment of all new patients and reassessment of established patients on a six-month basis, as needed. Assists in the preparation of applications for public entitlements and facilitates the approval process. Assists with re-certification, as needed.
- Keeps track of appointment schedules, makes and confirms patient appointments.
- Follow-up on missed appointments and documents in the PMS system.
- Collects co-payment fees, tracks payments and open balances.
- Responds to written and telephone inquiries regarding billing information, researches accounts for incorrect charges, missing cash payments, corrects financial levels and adjusts accounts to reflect changes.
- Answer multiple telephone calls appropriately and follows up on return calls.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- What We Look For:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) year related healthcare experience.
- Fluent in Spanish is a HUGE PLUS.
What You Will Gain:
• Ability to be at forefront of integrated patient care.
• Supportive integrated team environment.
• Excellent Benefits and PTO package.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Posting ID: 596122952Posted: 2021-01-21