Miranda Construction is seeking good, dependable Laborers. Please read the description and apply if interested.
Miranda Construction, twice recognized as one of Louisville’s Best Places To Work, is commercial general contractor and design-build firm that is among Louisville’s top 20 commercial GCs. We specialize in commercial ground-ups, tenant fit-up and historical remodeling, restaurant, retail, and light industrial. Presently, there is an immediate opening for a Project Manager with a strong background in construction.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving manual labor at construction projects
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Project Superintendent.
- Ability to pass a background check without any concerning issues.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instruction.
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in commercial and interior projects.
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, written logs, email, computer, blackberry devices, digital camera.
- Physically lift up to 75 lbs.
- Endurance and ability to visit the entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk;
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
- Talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
- Paid holidays
- 401k plan
- Health, Dental & Vision, Insurance, after 90days
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 568029558Posted: 2020-11-03