Job Summary and Objective
The Member Services Representative will be responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests.
Overnight, additional Job Summary and Objective: In addition, you will be responsible for closing that day’s shift for that business day. You will also be primarily responsible for the overall cleanliness of all areas of the facility to ensure a positive member experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet members, prospective members and guests, providing exceptional customer service.
- Handle all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate needed updates to member’s accounts.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
- Other responsibilities as asked by management.
Overnight, Additional Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Close shift for that business day.
- Create a bank deposit for next day.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize restrooms, locker room areas, fitness equipment and gym floor.
- Stock locker rooms with proper supplies/paper products.
- Report any broken or missing amenities or equipment (toilets, faucets, showers, hair dryers, gym equipment, etc.) to the General Manager.
- Follow "Lost and Found Policy" and turn in lost member property to the General Manager/Assistant General Manager immediately.
- Other responsibilities as asked by management.
- A passion for fitness and health!
- Upbeat and positive attitude.
- Punctuality and reliability are a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Basic computer proficiency.
Overnight, Additional Qualification(s):
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Customer service background preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a gym and in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This role routinely works with standard gym equipment, like weights, weight machines, treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals and other similar machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift 50 pounds occasionally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally encounter hazardous chemicals during their shift.
Position type and expected hours of work
This position is an hourly position and will be available to work Monday through Sunday, including weekends and holidays. Member Services are required to clock in prior to their assigned start time and must clock out when they go off duty. This position will work a variety of shifts (AMs, PMs, Mids, Overnights – only EEs hired for Overnight will be scheduled overnight shifts). Schedules are based on the needs of the business.
No travel is expected for this position.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity:
Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical, or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. This applies to both Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC employees and applicants for employment with the Company. In keeping with this policy, Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as all employment actions, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotions, compensation, training, benefits, and termination of employment.