Tire Business names Service Tire Truck Centers as one of the best Tire Companies to work for in the United States in 2019. STTC offers an excellent benefit package, very competitive pay, and a path for employees to grow within the organization and thrive in a customer centric environment.
Essential Job Functions (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
• Perform 24-hour Emergency Road Service. Be in rotation of on-call duty and/or back-up duty. Strive
to complete all road calls within 2 hours.
• Be proficient in duties of Inside Service Personnel
• Mounting, dismounting, balancing, replacing, repairing of truck tires at STTC, customer's location or
on the road using a service vehicle or in service shop.
• Raise vehicle with hydraulic jack, use air tools and heavy hand held tools. Repair truck tires using
inspection equipment, drills, and rollers.
• Removing or replacing mounted tire assembly from vehicles.
• Ability to recognize repairable tires and properly perform repair.
• Keep service department clean and organized.
• Communicate all work performed via legible writing on tags, work orders and/or invoices.
• Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner. Use all provided safety equipment including seat
belts, gloves, jackstands, wheel chocks, safety glasses, and cages. Communicates equipment needs.
Report all tools or equipment that need repair or that are broken. Report all unsafe actions,
problems or abnormal situations to Service Manager or Branch Manager.
• Perform daily maintenance to vehicle, tools and equipment. Clean and wash service vehicle at least
• Quote product and service prices to customer as needed.
• For night calls, call customer and/or dispatcher back upon completion of road call. Obtain PO's.
• Complete service work orders with complete information such as required customer information,
repairs, mounts, mileage, new tires, valves, tolls and hours of service before giving to Service
• Ensure that all products leave with proper paperwork. Report to Service Manager any attempts made
by an employee who violates any safety rule or violates company policy/procedures.
• Ensure that VMR is complete and turned in to office once a week.
• Keep vehicle organized and stocked with necessary tools and supplies needed to provide routine tire
• Ensure customer's safety by keeping them away from servicing area.
• As needed, perform miscellaneous job duties to ensure prompt services to our customers.
• Education and/or experience: 1 year or more related work experience helpful. STTC will train.
• Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability
to speak effectively before customers or employees of STTC.
• Basic mathematical skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or
• Computer skills: Ability to use computer; training will be provided as needed.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Equipment: Capable of operating lift gates, service truck, service tools, air compressors, hydraulic
jacks, air guns, air gauges, mounting and balancing machines in the service shop or from a service
truck; and computer and office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to
handle or feel: reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or
humid conditions and outside weather conditions; and frequently exposed to hot and cold warehouse
conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Problem Solving • Customer Service
• Oral Communication • Written Communication
• Teamwork • Organizational Support
• Planning / Organizing • Safety and Security
• Quality • Quantity
• Adaptability • Attendance / Punctuality
• Dependability • Initiative
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as
negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.. Requirements: