Macomb Ace Hardware
The Cashier is responsible for register transactions involving the sale and/or return of merchandise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Project a positive representation of Macomb Ace Hardware.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers by name, when possible, when they are leaving the store.
• Project a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Clear customer checkout lines quickly and efficiently.
• Answer and monitor all calls and pages promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Communicate any problem or issue that requires management assistance.
• Continually build product knowledge base and possess the ability to assist customers with store layout and product location.
• Assist in pricing, stocking, marking and bagging of merchandise.
Front End Appearance and Upkeep
• Keep the front end, including checkout areas and entrance doors neat and clean at all times. Face and dust front end.
• Assist with keeping impulse counters stocked and faced, rotate fresh merchandise in as seasons change.
• Ensure forms and supplies are stocked at all times.
• Inform management when merchandise returns need to be put away.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School or GED equivalent.
Cashier experience preferred. Customer service experience preferred.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 25lbs) and climbing.
Posting ID: 547983074Posted: 2020-07-14