PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Manassas, VA (Primary Site); DC Metro Area; (Secondary sites: CONUS, OCONUS, as needed) SCOPE: The individual in this position exercises autonomy on behalf of the Contractor in projecting work requirements within the context of existing Task Orders, directs Contractor resources within the limitations of contract provisions, generates leads, develops new business opportunities and implements current industry best practices as a Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager (BD) shall provide analyses and reports with scorecard commentary to support financial accountability, development of strategic planning, and progress for procurement, travel, and systems operations. Reporting shall provide advice, analyses, guidance, and recommendations for effective presentation to the MAASAI Executive Staff in order to maintain accountability with customers, owners, and employees. The BD must be able to handle unanticipated changes in workload volume; address problem areas quickly and effectively as well as manage the performance of subcontractors and MAASAI personnel. This position will serve as The MAASAI Group, LLC (MAASAI) Business Development Manager (BD) and be responsible for portfolio growth across the federal government including Department of Defense (DoD), Federal Civilian and Intel Communities. The BD will be responsible for generating leads, developing and maximizing new pursuit opportunities, developing strategic partnerships, corporate strategy and execution, capture management, proposal management and corporate messaging and marketing aimed at helping MAASAI'S growth. The BD is directly responsible for generating new revenue. The BD provides strategic planning, direction coordination and execution of key tasks to promote MAASAI'S suite of business solutions across DoD, Federal Civilian and Intel agencies, and to successfully capture key accounts and drive growth in alignment with corporate strategic goals and objectives. The BD works in collaboration with intersecting corporate teams such as CEO, Administrative, Operations, Recruiting, Financing, Human Resources, Contracts Administration, and Client Services. As a BD for MAASAI, primary and collateral duties will be as assigned by MAASAI and in support of MAASAI business functions. The BD will work closely with all MAASAI staff and Clients ensuring that business programs reach their goals as smoothly as possible. Job duties of the BD may include coordinating activities, providing communications to all MAASAI and Client departments, and constructing special projects, as necessary. The BD may need to take on additional supervisory duties as necessary and may be assigned responsibility for special projects or portfolios that are integral to MAASAI business. The BD may assist with administrative, personnel, fiscal, travel, logistical, training, equipment and other duties as assigned by MAASAI. PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be a US citizen
• Active Top-Secret Clearance with the eligibility for access to sensitive compartmented information is required
• Must possess a master's degree and at least fifteen years as a business development experience with broad technical skills and experiences in managing projects and human resources.
• Experience providing analyses and reports to support customer requirements, strategic planning and progress for systems operations and lifecycle management.
• Expertise in providing analyses and reporting that provide advice, guidance, and recommendations for effective presentation to the COR in order to maintain accountability with customers, owners, and employees.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Excellent client facing and internal communications skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to details and multi-tasking skills
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze policies, procedures, and goals of the organizational and provide actionable recommendations.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience managing successful, large-scale information technology projects.
• Require strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) required. OTHER SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The BD ensures program integration across task areas, work groups, and functional/technical teams and delegates administrative, financial, and coordination duties, as necessary.
• Ensures use of innovative processes to plan, organize, and control all contract services and activities, manage risks and to monitor performance.
• Ensures all task areas meet cost, schedule, quality, and performance requirements.
• Drives effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• In this position, while a wealth of reference materials and standard operating procedures (SOP) exists, the BD exercises broad discretion in meeting contract objectives and deliverables, using independent judgement in analyzing root problem causes or knowledge gaps and applying appropriate methods.
• Analyzes significant deviations from plan, takes corrective actions, and forecasts any impact on contract deliverables. Oversees definition of and adherence to standard processes within an evolving IT regulatory and technological environment. COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position may require handling of confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact.
Individual must be able to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner. DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves business development, projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for particular problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
• Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
• Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds
• Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
• Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
• Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS: As a condition of employment, candidates for posted positions must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, The MAASAI Group will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.