Amentum is seeking a Data Center Electrician 5 at the advanced SME level to join our new critical environment operations & maintenance teams in Manassas, VA.
• These positions work 12-hour shifts on a rotating schedule of DAYS & NIGHTS to ensure full coverage and adequate training in this 24/7 operation.
• Candidates must be able to flex hours and cover for team members and special projects to meet critical business demand. This position is responsible for performing at the advanced subject matter expert level with respect to estimating, planning, and performing preventive maintenance, responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing emergency repairs on critical electrical equipment and systems. Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot all facility equipment and systems including normal and emergency power systems; buss power distribution systems, duct plugs, conduit, and wiring; pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems; switch gears, motors, disconnects and breakers, AC and variable frequency drives, low voltage controls, PLCs, cranes and hoists, lighting systems, building automation systems, motor control centers up to and including 480V, etc. Strong electrical / mechanical skills are required for repairs of HVAC units, motors, control circuits, VFDs, PLCs, and CO Monitoring. The ability to safely work with 3 phase 480v power is a must and includes the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical issues in a critical environment. Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed. Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve electrical problems, and provide solutions to critical infrastructure problems. The Data Center Electrician 5 must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required. Essential Functions:
• Troubleshoots and locates electrical problems in a variety of electrical equipment, controls and electrical systems.
• Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment up to 480v 3 phase and facility systems such as RTU, doors, lighting, VFDs and motors circuits.
• Assures work conforms to NEC guidelines.
• Reads and understands schematics, diagrams, and specifications.
• Develops and monitors work assignments for other technicians and coaches as appropriate.
• Creates and modifies site operations procedures for equipment and recommends facilities reliability improvements.
• Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
• Performs preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and repairs on electrical systems and equipment, instruments, control systems, drives, and lighting systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Assists lower level technicians with assignments as needed and provides appropriate coaching
• Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
• Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
• Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis, lockout/tagout, and wearing PPE as required.
• Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
• Performs all assignments with the end goal of high level of customer satisfaction
• Flexible in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
• Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• Ensures excellent customer service and safe work environment
• Other duties as assigned by Management and Lead. We run our own crews of Production Maintenance Techs, CNC Service Techs, Automation Techs, Industrial Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial HVAC Techs, Planner/ Schedulers, Supervisors and safety professionals inside our customers' facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
• These are full-time, regular positions with Amentum that offer a full benefits package.
o Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
o 3 weeks of accrued Paid Time Off per calendar year
o 401k plan with Company match
o Paid Holidays
o And much more -
o And your benefits start the same day you do! Come join our team! Minimum Requirements
1. High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
2. Six years of experience as a maintenance electrician in a data center, heavy industrial, or pharmaceutical / biomedical environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Must have an active US Government Top Secret Security (TS) Clearance
4. Must be a US citizen Additional Information: • Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This position may require a valid Driver's License.
• This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
• This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
• Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
• Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
• Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
• Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
• Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
• Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife. • Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
• Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
• Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress. Special Requirements:
• Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
• Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained. Preferred Qualifications 1. Knowledge of data center infrastructure.
2. Associate's degree in an Industrial Electrical or related skilled trade program.
3. Experience troubleshooting and repairing components up to 480V 3 phase.
4. Experience troubleshooting and repairing lighting and security related systems.
5. Experience troubleshooting and repairing electric motors and motor controls.
6. Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing PLCs.
7. Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
8. Experience maintaining cranes up to 75 ton capacity.
9. Experience in troubleshooting 4-20mA circuits.
10. Experience using Allen Bradley RS Logix Software. Other Attributes:
• Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.