We have an immediate opening for a Forklift Mechanic in Northern Virginia Area. Employee must be able to work on all makes and models of material handling equipment.
Other important skills include: ability to work independently, manage time effectively, clean up when a job is completed, communicate well with customers/coworkers and complete paperwork properly.
- Maintains forklift truck serviceability by conducting periodic inspections; completing preventive maintenance requirements; identifying and repairing/replacing faulty or suspect parts.
- Repairs and upgrades forklift trucks by listening to operator's description of malfunction; conducting tests; identifying problem and resolution.
- Verifies repairs by test-driving vehicle.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance and operational history by initiating and updating records.
- Maintains safe work environment by verifying vehicle safety device operation; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Evaluates new and proposed equipment by examining capabilities and conducting tests.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years Forklift Mechanic experience
- Valid Drivers license
- Mechanical Training
The position is an hourly position with wages based on the individual's skills and experience.
We offer: Competitive Wages, Paid Vacation and sick time, and Holiday Pay
Posting ID: 610883820Posted: 2021-03-07