Medical Receptionist, Fairfax OB-GYN Associates
Position: Medical Receptionist, Fairfax OB-GYN
Location: Fair Oaks Office, Fairfax, VA 22033
About Fairfax OB-GYN Associates:
Fairfax OB-GYN Associates, in Fair Oaks, Gainesville, Woodbridge, and Dulles, Virginia, is a group practice of board certified obstetrician/gynecologists, certified nurse midwives, and certified nurse practitioners who work as a team to provide the highest quality care for women of all ages. They believe in providing health care with the utmost level of personalization so that they always meet the individual needs of their patients.
Fairfax OB-GYN Associates has served the Northern Virginia/Greater Washington area since 1980, with four convenient locations. They are proud to be affiliated with INOVA Fair Oaks and Stone Springs Medical Center.
Learn more at: www.fairfaxobgyn.com
About Advantia Health:
To provide the highest quality patient care available, OB-GYN Shady Grove is partnered with Advantia Health. Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women – setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.
Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across 60 locations, serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers to deliver high-value care through technology products.
Learn more at: www.AdvantiaHealth.com
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced Medical Receptionist to join our busy practice.
- Greets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions/directions. Accommodates any patient need(s). Answers any patient questions, informs back office of each patient's arrival
- Verifies and updates patient insurance information in the system for each patient at each visit. Runs a copy of both sides of the patient's insurance card at each visit. Scan copy of insurance card (front and back) and driver's license into the electronic medical records system.
- Uses the computer system to generate information necessary for billing. Maintains current understanding of patient medical insurance changes, including HMO and PPO coverage and copay levels.
- Collects copay/surgery deposits/balances, provides any forms needing completion, and obtains signatures as necessary.
- Answers telephone in a pleasant manner and deals with patient needs expeditiously. Maintains patient confidentiality, whether speaking with a patient in person, on the telephone, or while looking at a chart.
- Records all payments and provides receipts to patients
- Balances cash, check, and credit card receipts at the end of the day. Total each category amount of cash, checks, and credit card receipts at the end of day, complete deposit slip for cash and checks indicating patient account # on checks, Make copy of all checks and cash. Run credit card detail report and settle credit card machine. Copy deposit slip and credit card detail report. Scan deposit slip and credit card detail report into the electronic medical records system for charge entry.
- Processes triage phone calls and directs to the appropriate medical personnel
- Scans in all necessary paperwork from patient's visit (i.e. Financial forms, history forms)
- Scans in established patients' charts prior to their arrival for their first electronic medical record visit
- Scans in all reports and notes that come into the office via fax or mail
- Prints Provider schedules for the day and distributes.
- Completes tasks in a timely fashion
- Process's patient portal appointment requests and submissions of demographic forms
- Schedule patient appointments and maintain appropriate scheduling times for quality patient flow.
- Copies records when requested with proper approval. Requests may come in person, via telephone, via e-mail or fax. Requestors should be notified of corporate policy and copying fees for medical records prior to copying records.
- Maintains files and records in a confidential manner. Type's correspondence as requested.
- Reviews new Provider schedules when issued and checks for changes that require rescheduling of patients. Reschedules patients as necessary when Provider schedules change.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of medical terminology course preferred.
- Minimum of two years' experience in customer service setting
- Six months receptionist experience in health care setting preferred
- Previous experience with office equipment.
- One-year of general clerical and computer experience preferred with some exposure to medical terminology.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain a positive attitude.
Advantia offers competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc.) to full-time employees only.
Interested candidates please apply directly to this posting or at: www.advantiahealth.com/careers