For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done - and we have since 1843. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps us focused on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being For Those Who Make The World
STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty and Pengo. STANLEY Infrastructure has rich history focusing on bringing innovative solutions to market and is recognized around the world for the strength of its people, products and brands.
STANLEY Infrastructure is a growth platform with plans to double it's revenue over the next few years through organic growth and strong corporate M&A commitment.
The Plant Controller has responsibility for the coordination and execution for all financially related activities in the business in order to assist in the proper financial management of the company. Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate results from cost accounting and other financial systems to provide explanation of the overall financial performance of the company to management is key.
The Plant Controller will lead the on-going development of systems and processes to improve the accuracy of product costing, product margin reporting and gross margin. The Plant Controller is expected to be proactive in managing the financial aspects of the business, which includes making recommendations to the General Manager. A major responsibility of this position is performing and managing the daily, weekly and monthly financial activities that are required to produce the monthly financial statements for the company.
The Plant Controller will be fully accountable and responsible to generate accurate, timely and complete financial information each month, including the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Budget to actual Variance Analysis, and other reports as required. Providing administrative and accounting leadership, guidance, and mentoring to staff is important to the overall success of this position.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactive analysis of the monthly financial statements for the company including analysis of key performance indicators and trends, comparison of actual results to budget and forecast. Provide recommendations and actions from the analysis.
- Manager, assist or perform all activities related to company accounting such as: Invoicing, payroll, collection of accounts receivables, management and payment of suppliers, establishment monitoring and management of credit, reconciliation and valuation of inventories, management and preparation of annual budgets.
- Responsible for the development of the monthly rolling forecast, annual Operating Plan and long term financial Strategic Plan. Continuously improve forecast accuracy and predictability by identifying and aligning key drivers of the business.
- Establish, maintain and continuously improve cost accounting systems to provide accurate product costing. Analyze product cost standards and fixed vs. variable cost components, as they relate to margin and profit levels. Recommend and implement changes. Oversee the physical inventory process.
- Assist with special projects such as the preparation of the financial aspects of capital expenditures and other investments. This includes preparing a business case that would assess the risks and rewards for key opportunities.
- Produce monthly financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, and other reports as required.
- Establish, implement and monitor internal controls, which include approvals and authorizations and review of all financial process and financial systems in conjunction with the General Manager. This includes entering and documenting compliance with the company policy.
- Prepare appropriate work-papers in support of the year end audit requirements.
- Provide financial leadership to all of the company staff. This includes duties as required such as: providing general financial guidance to department managers and others, managing and control of expense budgets, and managing the performance of accounting personnel.
- Other projects and responsibilities as might be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in a financial discipline from a four-year college/university. A minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience as a Plant Controller manufacturing operation. Significant lead role experience in development, refinement and maintenance of product costing and cost accounting processes in job and/or repetitive costing environments and development of profitability analysis.
- Ability to work independently and to know when to ask for help in resolving specific financial issues. Must be able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles and concepts in order to perform tasks listed in Principal Duties and Responsibilities above.
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, cash flow forecasting techniques, financial statement analysis including key trends analysis, project costing techniques, financial controls and business case analysis.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to train other in performing key financial activities and supervise their work.
- Team working ability to enable effective financial communications and interaction with and motivation of other team members including peers.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines including strong ability to manage and perform multiple tasks to completion at the same time.
- Ability to make recommendations on key financial decisions.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Managerial accounts (CMA) Certification is highly desirable.
- Courage & Innovation - Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
- Agility & Performance - Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration - Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability - Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Finance and Accounting City
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers
Finance & Accounting