Working with the Clinical section and collaborating with Information Systems (IS) assist providers and staff with the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and other technology used within the section.
1. Troubleshoots EHR and technology issues assists with education to resolve or escalates technical issues appropriately.
2. Participates in development, monitoring, and evaluation of technology and processes as part of continuous quality improvement. Identifies barriers with technology and clinical section workflows. Aids with the implementation process from idea generation through process design, testing, education and issue tracking.
3. Leads process improvement initiatives for clinical workflows.
4. Collaborates with IS and clinical section to educate and communicate regarding effective processes and functionality of the EHR and other technology.
5. Aims to maximize the effective and efficient use of technology within the clinical section.
6. Coordinates, facilitates, and evaluates functional system and process testing in conjunction with IS before and after updates are made to systems.
7. Following required education and training, select candidates may obtain privileges to perform construction of clinical content (note templates, order preference lists, etc.) in the EHR following the IS guidelines. Note: Ongoing monitoring and assessment of skills by IS is required to maintain privileges.
8. Act as a central point of collection, review and prioritization for system change requests within the section and work with IS to determine feasibility.
9. Act as a central point of collection, review and prioritization for issues with system within the clinical section and work with IS to clearly outline needs.
10. Act as a resource for using existing reporting tools in the EHR and D-H reporting resources (HDRS, Quality Dept, etc.) to assist clinical & administrative teams.
11. Participates in assessment, development, and delivery of training curriculum for the clinical section.
12. New hire mentoring for all users including physicians, trainees, and staff for effective use of the EHR and other systems in their role.
Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü 1 - 3 years of practice in section seeking candidate and/or information systems analysis/implementation experience, or the equivalent in education and experience required.
ü Bachelors of Science degree in HealthCare equivalent preferred
ü Informatics certification or degree a plus
ü Clinical license (current and licensed to practice in the state of NH) or Area of Specialty (ex: RN, Respiratory Therapist, Rehabilitation Therapist, etc.) a plus.
ü Proficiency word processing, workflows, and spreadsheets required.
ü Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
ü Must be self-directed, flexible, and have excellent organizational skills.
ü Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills required.
ü Additional experience in section setting, process improvement, and teaching preferred.
ü Familiarity with medical organization workflows and terminology is ideal.
ü The successful candidate will possess knowledge of the clinical setting, analytical skills and the ability to guide problems through to resolution, be successful in working with all levels of the clinical and administrative team within a clinical section, desire to drive forward process improvement efforts as a positive change agent, and be comfortable working both independently and in a team structure.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
ü No requirements to perform the job duties. However, if the hiring department believes that a licensed clinician is the best candidate to fill the role there is an expectation that the NH licensure will be maintained.