The service technician is a skilled position diagnosing, repairing, and servicing equipment. Our customers use forklifts and sweeper/scrubbers and aerial lift equipment in varied applications. Must be proficient in all systems and company products, will have the ability to work independently in defined systems, and as such shall be capable of performing all skills and tasks related to the systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Examines & diagnoses malfunctioning units utilizing knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and equipment functioning theory to determine the cause.
• Dismantles whole or parts of defined units as indicated by the type of malfunction, and repairs or replaces such parts, and other components.
• Reassembles unit, making necessary adjustments to ensure efficient operation.
• May recommend the removal of equipment from the customer's location for major repairs or overhaul in the shop.
• May install, service, repair systems in businesses utilizing knowledge of the functionality of the equipment.
• Will perform services (defined and qualified) within guidelines established.
• Will be responsible for maintaining service van inventory and will advise the parts manager when items of inventory should be increased.
• Will stay abreast of the technical advances in the industry and will attend all company-sponsored training programs.
• Will complete all company required paperwork.
• Will maintain the company-owned service van assigned to him/her and will always drive in a safe and prudent manner.
• Will present the company’s image professionally with a professional appearance and customer-focused attitude.
• Will be judged on the quality of workmanship and skills by demonstrating that service is right the first time.
• Will agree to rotate work schedules, so the Division’s emergency breakdown policy will be adhered to.
• Will complete specified vendor equipment repair training and certification programs as designated by management.
a) REQUIRED: High School diploma
b) PREFERRED: Some technical college experience is desired but not required.
• At least two years prior experience in service, repair, and installation of the type of forklifts and sweeper/scrubbers sold and serviced by JIT Toyota-Lift. If you demonstrate a talent for the work, we will provide the training necessary to ensure a successful career.
• Demonstrated capability in the diagnosis of technical equipment problems and associated repair/installation options.
• A clean driving record and a valid operator’s license for any vehicle the company may direct position to operate.
This is primarily a “hands-on” position, requiring a significant level of manual labor. The position may involve operating hand tools, power tools, lifting and moving equipment, and supplies with the associated injury hazards and requirements for use of related safety equipment.
The position operates from our Jamestown, NY facility and requires travel to customer locations.
The position requires clearly demonstrated technical and mechanical skills. Effective math, verbal, and written communication skills are essential. No special foreign language skills are required.
The majority of the activities of this position are conducted in customer locations. Climate control and general working conditions will vary. The position may need to operate small tools, and other equipment, and vehicles with their associated operating and safety requirements.
Pay is dependent upon the level of experience and skills.