My client in Marengo is looking for a CNC Set-up operator on first shift, pay starting at $18.00 an hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates NC/CNC machines including any two of the following: Mazak horizontal, vertical and lathe machines, and Mori Seki lathes. Programs when needed
- Sets up fixtures and tooling as specified by the Programmer/Manufacturing Engineer. This tool setting includes changing a tool in the holder outside the machine and/or setting tool length in the machine as required.
- Detects problems on the basis of alarms that may appear on the control and identifies problems considering surface finish, noise level, or vibration and takes proper action.
- Inspects parts with appropriate precision equipment including gauges, micrometers and vernier.
- Conducts first piece and continuous inspection and makes offset changes as needed.
- Reads and understands engineering drawings and symbols, geometric tolerancing, process sheets and shop orders.
- Understands concept of surface speeds and feeds in relation to material of tool and part.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance.
- Operates multiple machines as cycle times permit.
- Deburrs and cleans parts, performs secondary operations and move material as necessary with material handling equipment.
- Works to established procedures and work instructions.
- Trains other employees as necessary.
- Performs 5S activities within assigned areas.
- Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing UCA’s highest standards of business conduct; exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
- An expert on the job, makes the most of knowledge and experience and works to learn new duties; assists with training of others; and adapts to changed conditions quickly and easily.
- Consistently does an excellent job, output is unusually high and exceptionally fast, and rarely makes errors or creates reject work.
Please call 815-788-8556 or email Chris.Orange@expresspros.com to schedule an interview!
Posting ID: 580934003Posted: 2020-10-20