Dollar Tree's distribution center (DC) located just north of Denton Texas in Marietta Oklahoma is currently seeking to add Department Managers to the building's leadership team. This Exempt role oversees all aspects of an area/department within the DC operation across a shift in an automated full service, high volume, full-case retail distribution center with multiple shifts. Warehouse Department Managers at Dollar Tree are responsible for:
Functional Responsibilities include:Receiving Manager:
- Managing and overseeing up to 20 associates and all related functions for the various departments of the Distribution Center including: Receiving, Order Selection, Shipping, and Equipment Operations.
- Each manager's general goal is to ensure merchandise is scheduled, received, unloaded, and checked for Receiving, replenished, selected and labeled for Order Selection, scanned loaded and shipped for Shipping, and moved and slotted for Equipment.
- Completing all responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain "hands on" accountability for the department goals.
- Supervise daily activities of clerical and warehouse associates: Allocate work, monitor productivity, and secure resources to facilitate staff performance, ensuring the highest standards of quality, accuracy, and housekeeping are maintained.
- Maintain a safe work environment, ensuring all proper safety procedures are enforced and followed.
- Ensure associates are trained on departmental job procedures using the Methods Checklist. Identify any additional training needs in order to assist associates in attaining desired levels of job performance.
- Partner with HR team to hire, train, evaluate and develop associates. In conjunction with the Operations Manager and General Manager, carry out evaluations, disciplinary actions and/or recommends termination of employment as appropriate.
- Recommend changes, revisions, additions or deletions to procedures. Continue to monitor the efficiency and cost effectiveness of said procedures.
- Share and provide appropriate information and anticipates information needs of associates.
Order Selection Manager:
- Schedule receiving of merchandise and materials.
- Coordinate and manage the receipt of merchandise including scheduling, unloading, and checking.
- Monitor loads to ensure merchandise is unloaded according to priority designations and ensure merchandise is placed in appropriate reserve areas in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establish and monitor daily and weekly receiving schedules and priorities; ensure unloading and check policies are adhered to and resources are utilized appropriately in order to control costs.
- Determine appropriate procedures for receiving and checking merchandise.
- Schedule proper retrieval, replenishment and order filling of merchandise to ensure the smooth flow of items to serviced stores.
- Monitor order selection and replenishment to ensure merchandise is stored and selected according to expected quality and accuracy standards, with a strong focus on customer service and high quality communications with stores serviced.
- Determine appropriate procedures for the replenishment and selection of merchandise.
- Schedule shipping of merchandise and materials to ensure the smooth flow of said items.
- Monitor loads to ensure merchandise is loaded according to quality and accuracy standards with a strong focus on customer service and high quality communications with stores serviced.
- Determine appropriate procedures for the shipping and loading of merchandise.
What we need from you:
- Coordinate and manage the movement of merchandise.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cared for and well maintained.
- Ensure all departments have the equipment needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Track and keep records of whereabouts of equipment and associates assigned to operate.
What we offer you: Dollar Tree
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree in business administration or logistics preferred
- Three (3) or more years of management experience in a high volume, automated distribution environment, or educational equivalent
- Solid knowledge of distribution center practices and procedures
- Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, managerial, interpersonal, and communication skills; Ability to lead by example, mentor, develop, and foster a team environment are essential
- Strong ability to lead/coach associates towards professional success
- Ability to understand and demonstrate technical /equipment, and systems
- Progressive analytical ability to gather and interpret information then; develop, recommend, and implement pro-active solutions
- Ability to work any shift
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong PC skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Working knowledge of WMS System
offers a full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K, Profit Sharing and Discount Employee Stock Purchase Plan
. Essential worker care pay.Why Dollar Tree?Dollar Tree
is a: Priceless Experience:A career with Dollar Tree also comes with a lot of variety. It's a fun career that allows you to wear a different hat every day.Big Company with Big Ideas
: We are the nation's leading operator of single price point dollar stores with more than 6,000 locations in 48 states, a $19+ billion corporate owned chain.Valuable Partner: We're all on the same team at Dollar Tree. We're about people treating each other with respect, camaraderie and a sense of joint purpose.Career Growth Opportunity: If you have the drive and energy, a career with Dollar Tree can take you just about anywhere you want to go.Place We Can All Profit: Why not have your cake and eat it too? Work for a great company and in return get a great benefits package that shows our appreciation. Dollar Tree is an equal opportunity employer
#CB# Auto Req ID
201 Dollar Tree WayProcess Level/Store #
DC8 MARIETTA, OK Employment Status:
FT Company Name
Posting ID: 579776560Posted: 2020-11-17