Overview Join our Team
Be proud of where you work. Walden Security is one of the nation's largest privately-held security companies, providing a range of security services for commercial and government properties. Right now, we're seeking inspired, motivated, and customer service-oriented people to add to our team. Security experience is not required: Walden welcomes a diversity of professional backgrounds, and we'll make sure you have the support and training you need to be successful.
If you're ready to embark on a meaningful career with one of the nation's most dynamic and fastest-growing security companies, apply with Walden Security today. Why Walden?
Walden Security is a family-owned and operated business, and that's how we treat our employees: like family - because we know that by taking care of our people, they, in turn, will take better care of our clients.
We seek out people who are motivated, eager to learn, committed to serving our officers and clients, and always doing what's right. We provide the resources, support, and training that you need to be successful. We offer every employee generous benefits, as well as opportunities for career growth.
We build on success by continuing to develop our people so that they have opportunities to grow within our organization, which is why we're an award-winning employer, with one of the highest retention rates in the industry.
Job Skills / Requirements
Our Security Officers guard industrial or commercial property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties:
The Ideal Candidate
- Follows all assigned post orders, both general and specific.
- Apply the use of force rules based on the situation. Employs graduated use of force to ensure that only that force which is necessary to subdue or detain is used.
- Patrols periodically, buildings and grounds of industrial plant or commercial establishment, docks, logging camp area, or work site.
- Patrols lobbies, corridors, and public rooms, confers with management, interviews guests and employees, and interrogates persons to detect infringements and investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism, and accidents.
- Patrols public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Performs and sets thermostatic controls to maintain specified temperature in buildings or cold storage rooms.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Inspects assigned areas and records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Notifies staff of the presence of persons with questionable reputations.
- Permits authorized persons and regulate vehicle/pedestrian traffic at plant entrance to maintain orderly flow.
- Drives radio-equipped vehicles through the client's establishment, checks alarm, and locates sources of alarm.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Assists management and enforcement officers in emergency situations.
- Contacts supervisor by radio or telephone to report irregularities and obtain further instructions.
- Writes investigation and automobile usage reports.
If you are an experienced Security Officer who is passionate and ready to take on the challenge of providing exceptional customer service in a complex, diverse, people-first culture, then you have what it takes to be a successful Security Officer for Walden Security. Job requirements include:
About Walden Security: Setting the Standard by Setting the Example
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Some posts may require an individual to have knowledge of Internet programs, Word Processing software, and other software as required.
- Valid Drivers' License, only if in driving position.
- (Vehicle operators must be at least 25 years of age and have a driving record with no more than one moving violation).
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification may be needed in certain cases.
Established in 1990 by law enforcement professionals Amy and Michael S. Walden, CPP, Walden Security is a privately-held, family-owned, and -operated company, and has grown to become one of the largest and most respected security services firms in the United States. Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee with 6,000 employees, Walden Security provides integrated contract security services through physical and virtual guarding to commercial and government clients in 37 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico. Walden Security is also the nation's largest WBENC-Certified Women's Business Enterprise specializing in security services, one of the nation's only security firms with an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System, and is a Training Top 125 award recipient for the last three consecutive years.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Unarmed Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Account Manager
This is a Part-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 20