Quality Control Analyst needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh's client located in Torrance, CA.
The Big Picture - Top Skills Should You Possess:
- This evaluation primarily involves the assessment of 1) raw materials manufactured and/or 2) finished good products manufactured in one of several production areas. This evaluation involves the use of analytical equipment techniques such as High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and/or Solid Phase Extraction along with the use of various types of analytical equipment.
- This role will interact with various departments such as Manufacturing, Production and Quality Assurance and will provide support to allow for proper evaluation of products that will be sent to customers. This individual will also be responsible for coordinating daily testing needs to ensure customer orders are met along with the monitoring of other types of key performance indicators for the department. This will require partnering with Scheduling and Planning departments as needed to process orders accordingly.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Maintain a clean, organized and presentable work space. Adhere to ISO:9001 guidelines as required.
- Use computer program(s) to test, process and evaluate product.
- Follow FIFO (first in/first out) philosophy for testing, as needed.
- Follow all assigned testing and operating instructions for assigned work area.
- Perform moderate troubleshooting activities on testing equipment.
- Maintains adequate inventory of lab supplies needed for testing product.
- Operate HPLC, SPE or similar testing equipment in the evaluation of product.
- Use analytical thinking to troubleshoot out of specification results.
- Participate in corrective actions / preventive action activities for department.
- Revise documents as needed to accurately reflect work being performed.
- Trend analytical data to assess product and process performance.
- Support key initiatives/continuous improvement projects as assigned by department leadership.
- Complete assigned training and reading assignments as outlined by department Manager.
- Follow all assigned safety rules and regulations for assigned work area.
- Compare test results for product to applicable pass/fail criteria located in specification documents. Identify and escalate issues to department Manager in a timely manner.
- Dispose of hazardous wastes generated from the testing of product per company policy
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (or equivalent) or Minimum of three (3) years work experience in related field.
- Proficient in using a computer equipment.
- Proficient in using chromatography data software e.g. Chromeleon, Chemstation, etc.
- Proficient in using computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Angela Holsapple
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Quality Control / Quality Assurance Analyst, Location: Playa Del Rey, CA - 90296
Posting ID: 575556383Posted: 2020-09-29