Raytheon Technologies is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment, including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. RIS is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator with AWS and Microsoft expertise to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort with minimal supervision from the lead systems engineer
- Leading a team in design and implementation of COTS-based solutions on single instances or across clustered devices
- Supporting the development of system security documentation on both new and deployed solutions
- Supporting the development of new capabilities
- Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed capabilities
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance wit the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 6+ years of directly relevant systems administration experience including hands-on experience with Windows and AWS
- Must have hands-on knowledge of Microsoft OS installations, security hardening and maintenance
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework
- Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Experience with Windows servers to include creation, installation, configuration, optimization, administration, backup & recovery
- Ability to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested
- Capable of quickly learning new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment
- Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Familiar with fundamentals of scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments (e.g. Bash Shell, Python & Kickstart technologies)
- Integration & implementation experience with various services such as LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
- Familiarity of configuration management
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with software development using java, RESTful services
- Comfortable with multilevel security systems or Cross Domain Solutions
- Experience with distributed compute environments such as Hadoop
- Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- AWS certification (Associate or Professional)
- Windows Certification
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.