Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Principal Information Security Specialist to join our team in the Warrenton, VA area.
As a Principal Information Security Specialist you will serve as the subject matter expert with a focus on cyber security risk management and governance, including the integration of cyber disciplines, such as mission assurance and supply chain risk management. You will work closely with Systems Engineers and project stakeholders to ensure approaches, constraints, and perspectives are fully recommended and considered in risk management and policy decisions. Analyze the development of strategy, policy, governance, and implementation guidance recommendations to more closely integrate Cyber security disciplines to enable a holistic risk management approach. Perform Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) responsibilities. Develop the documentation, validation, and accreditation processes necessary to assure systems meet security and privacy requirements. Evaluate test results, analyze risk, and develop security assessment documentation to support accreditation decisions. Create a risk mitigation strategy and ensure security configurations are maintained in accordance with DoD mandated policies. Interpret RMF guidance from Authorizing Officials for clients and provide information and input for the preparation of accreditation packages. Assess the applicability of emergent vulnerabilities to individual systems and technologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and maintenance of information security policies, standards, and control procedures to enable compliance with RMF
- Complete Security Authorization packages, to include system security plans, security assessment reports, POAM summaries and a continuous monitoring plan/assessment schedule, and present executive briefing to senior management.
- Ensure security risk assessments are conducted as appropriate on any system upgrades, software/hardware changes, etc. Provide hands-on Component assistance as necessary.
- Ensure security authorization boundaries are properly defined and captured in the system security plans, and that all interconnection agreements are in place and current. Provide hands-on assistance to as necessary.
- Ensure system security authorization controls contain accurate implementation statements and assessments results, and that appropriate artifacts are completed to support findings. Provide hands-on assistance as appropriate.
- Ensure POAMs have appropriate milestones, accurate description of the weaknesses and remediation, task owners, estimated cost to completion and realistic due dates. Provide hands-on assistance to Components as necessary.
- 9-11 years of experience in the Cyber security or information assurance field
- 5+ years of experience in supporting Cyber security risk management efforts within the DoD
- 4+ years of experience in developing Cyber security or IT policy and guidance
- Experience with developing IT policy, guidance, or procedure documentation supporting Cyber security accreditation
- Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- 3+ years of experience with analyzing, assessing, or implementing NIST 800-53 Rev 4 security controls or previous versions, CCIs, and associated assessment procedures
- Experience with developing and presenting complex technical information for technical and non-technical audiences
Security Clearance Requirements:
- An active and current TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.