JOB TITLE: Bus Driver-Substitute (Meskwaki Settlement School)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate vehicles in the line of duty.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic/incidents using cell phones or mobile two-way radios.
- Accept responsibility for the safe transportation of children.
- Maintain order among pupils during trips, in order to ensure safety.
- Establish and maintain proper conduct of students during trips to ensure safety.
- Maintain proper operating standards at all times by safe driving methods.
- Maintain safety maintenance of school buses including; mileage, safety, security camera and maintenance inspections.
- Check and keep proper records of the condition of a vehicle's brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Fill, maintain, and record proper fuel level at all times.
- Report and record any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Comply with traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Follow safety rules as students are boarding and exiting buses, and as they cross streets/roads near bus stops.
- Follow routes and time schedules as determine by Transportation Director and Administration.
- Communicate with parents, students, teachers, administrators, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information.
- Fill out and turn in proper paper work on any accident/incident that may occur during bus route.
- Duty hours will be determined by Transportation Director /Administration and school needs.
- Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
- Attend meetings, trainings, etc. for the purpose of maintaining skills and meeting requirements of school bus driver for the State of Iowa.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Read and follow the Meskwaki Settlement School's Bus Driver's manual.
- Previous experience as a bus driver or equivalent
- Must be able to motivate self without close supervision
- Required to have a school bus driver permit by the State of Iowa.
- Required to have a CDL with passenger endorsement and air brake endorsement
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must pass background check in accordance with Public Law 101-630, Public Law 101-647 and the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 563490353Posted: 2020-10-31